cam position sensor replacement- oem or other?

letsgotopless

Looks like I need to replace bank 1 CPS as got all the symptoms and waiting for new OBD reader to confirm error code.

There is a very big difference in price between the OEM sensor and the many other alternatives available and my question is has anyone on here replaced with a non OEM part and is it working ok?

Well the code reader arrived and confirmed error code P0340 bank 1 camshaft position sensor which I think is on the drivers side in uk cars and is the straight one.

I believe from a recent post that the oem part has been upgraded and looks a little different to the black plastic original and is no doubt better.

I need one of these now and is it quicker to go to local nissan main dealer or do any of the traders on here have them. Alex?

Whats the price nowadays?

1 hour ago, letsgotopless said:

Well the code reader arrived and confirmed error code P0340 bank 1 camshaft position sensor which I think is on the drivers side in uk cars and is the straight one.

I believe from a recent post that the oem part has been upgraded and looks a little different to the black plastic original and is no doubt better.

I need one of these now and is it quicker to go to local nissan main dealer or do any of the traders on here have them. Alex?

Whats the price nowadays?

Yeah, the old plastic ones are now obsolete and been replaced with an upgraded option.

I have these in stock or you can get them from your local Nissan dealership which will save you on shipping cost.