370Z Ark Grip CBE £750 collected

nub

370Z Ark Grip V2, i think most of us know what it is but i’ll make a bit of effort for any that do not. It has the regular tips and I bought it “as new” for £1000 just over 1 year ago. I don’t know the exact mileage but it certainly hasn’t covered many.  I’m only selling it as I replaced it with a brand new Motordyne Shockwave,  I’ve wanted to try one for a while. 
I have ART Decat Pipes and with that combo the exhaust is not a particularity loud. With the pair of helmholtz resonator things on the Ark Grip designed to reduce or eliminate drone, theres not even a hint of drone even at 80mph+ in 6th. So it is one of the quieter cat back systems that is still using 2.5". I bought it because my Fast intentions was too loud. 
It's supposed to be a true dual exhaust and the pipe diameter being 2.5" means in theory it should be slightly better flowing/less restrictive than some of the smaller 60mm systems. 

I know the Ark Grip is one of the popular exhausts and I've not seen any other Ark Grip for sale since then. 
So I'm not sure of the exact value but i’ll list it for £800 for the time being. That's bit more than half price as think they’re around £1500-£1550 to buy brand new today. But this may be negotiable and depending on whether it’s collected (located near Eastbourne) or any delivery/courier costs and payment method. As I’m not sure how much PayPal would steal from me. 

I have a big ass box the Motordyne came in so, assuming it fits in I might be able to offer delivery. If it’s not too expensive to courier then the delivery price can be inclusive. But it is huge and heavy so I’d prefer collection if the courier costs loads, in addition to any PayPal fees. I could get an approx estimate on parcel2go beforehand. 

The condition is very good IMO, as it's mostly polished stainless steel. Arguably there isn't really any damage worth mentioning. But to be absolutely honest and transparent, there's a couple of marks and I've tried to capture and illustrate these with the close up pics. They’re too small to see in the other photos, but the red shows where it is. 
There is a bit of a scrape mark (speed bump) on the bottom edge of one silencer, but it's a very minor one. Even If you were to get on your knees and look under the car, I don’t think you could see it. 
There's also a mark on the front smaller silencer, but this is even less, more like a scratch. It would polish out if desired but like the other one, you can’t see any of it when installed. 

I took the photos yesterday and as you can see, I think it's cleaned up very well all over. The X section is not as shiny more of a yellow colour, but that is normal a result of the heat - it's the hottest section. 
I can supply the used gaskets anyway but I'd recommend they are replaced with new ones. You can buy a kit and gasket set designed fit the Ark grip on one of the sites I think.  
The flexis are fine and do not need changing, all the welds and flanges are perfect no dents, cracks or any other damage. It's a very well built system to be honest. 

P.S the second silencer is not in the same photos with the rest of it because I brought only that section inside to take pics and write my username etc. It does of course come with both. 

I think I’ve covered everything ;)

Cheers 

3A368501-0231-498D-9397-E34E3DCC07F1.jpeg

B3B53974-E629-401D-B644-E04C2B496578.jpeg

18718F24-0E18-414C-98AD-4DAE3B76E596.jpeg

236AAF52-CC0E-4BAC-B24F-4FAFC631BFD7.jpeg

3B0C0E7E-91ED-4D40-8BE2-8A550465DF29.jpeg

B9178A25-B9DE-4DB8-9CC3-EBAECAFAD008.jpeg

B252AAFB-490F-4791-AECC-353CE2E53B23.jpeg

2775D298-CC3B-4DF4-93F0-A4CCE3A66857.jpeg

96C69241-C34D-4A50-A14A-846B3F0A0F91.jpeg

Edited by nub

• 2 weeks later...

I’m surprised nobody has snapped this up yet! I see members buying the cheaper entry level systems around 1k new. 

Brand new the Ark Grip at around 1.5k might be more than some are willing or able to spend... 

But the ARK Grip is not entry level, and in comparison its superior in a number of ways. So for £750 collected this is virtually half price now. With the majority of the system being polished stainless steel, it looks almost like new! 

If it doesn’t sell at this price I’m gonna keep it as it looks quite cool as an ornament on my oak table. ;)

83EAE6B0-8B75-4D7A-9B5B-CDD2A5DC80FB.jpeg

DBA6AD30-6F05-4672-9F2D-C83ABA8E0262.jpeg

68CC1644-0681-435D-9E23-E694A55934A9.jpeg

3C374B37-A8DA-48E0-B105-985E1CB3D6E9.jpeg

• Like 1

I messaged several days ago to negotiate a price including postage and best payment method for both of us, only to be told multiple people had already expressed an interest.

Clearly this appears to be untrue IMHO.

I will therefore publicly offer under the asking price -  £700 including postage.

Edited by StormWhite

On 22/08/2018 at 10:56, StormWhite said:

I messaged several days ago to negotiate a price including postage and best payment method for both of us, only to be told multiple people had already expressed an interest.

Clearly this appears to be untrue IMHO.

I will therefore publicly offer under the asking price -  £700 including postage.

Apologies if this is the case, i’m not sure if you’re one of the guys on facebook messaging me?  I personally think £750 is a bargain already and I think a few others know this!  Like you don’t often find one for sale in this condition for virtually half price. 

Either way the trouble is most couriers will not accept over 30KG and the box which it 165cm long. 

I am trying Shiply but I am not sure how trustworthy this site is. 

I around East Sussex, I’ve advertised on one FB Group and this is certainly the most popular exhaust generally speaking. It’s a level above the entry systems as well so I can wait a bit longer at this price. I could evev drive an hour or so, I’m wondering if it would all fit in my 370Z, £30 in fuel would get me a fair distance. 

It would fit in your Zed, I picked my one up from 150 miles away in my 370 :)

Glwts the sale and just be patient. Took me months to sell my gemini system and that was a bargain aswell. Right person and right time :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is now sold to Dave_7, and payment has been received. it had to be sent in two boxes and although still in my possession they are boxed up ready to be collected by Hermes today. In fact it was due for collection on Saturday but they seem to have messed up somehow. Mods please keep open until Dave_7 states he’s received the exhaust, should be by wed/Thursday . Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...