Insurance renewal.

mr v6

Renewed the insurance in the Z today. AXA came through with their renewal of £397 for the year, around 18p / month up on last year. Chris Knott wouldn't even entertain me, so I called Adrian Flux (who I've had insurance with before), after the usual questions it came out at £300 exactly for the year:lol:.

Thanks to Adrian Flux:teeth:.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing how cheap they are now to insure. When I first got my zed back in 2010 I struggled to find anyone who would insure me. In the end Adrian Flux insured me at a cost of £1200. 

I had a clean license, lived in a quite cul-de-sac full of retirement bungalows, had 18 years NCB on my car and 15 years NCB on my motorbikes. The only "reason" they gave me for the high premium was that whilst I had many many years experience of riding high powered superbikes, I hadnt recent experience of driving high powered RWD cars.  Which was clearly a load of bull as I was getting quotes of £400 to insure an M3 and £500 to insure a Lambo Gallardo (although 4wd but was worth like 5 times the price of the zed).

1 hour ago, rabbitstew said:

Amazing how cheap they are now to insure. When I first got my zed back in 2010 I struggled to find anyone who would insure me. In the end Adrian Flux insured me at a cost of £1200. 

I had a clean license, lived in a quite cul-de-sac full of retirement bungalows, had 18 years NCB on my car and 15 years NCB on my motorbikes. The only "reason" they gave me for the high premium was that whilst I had many many years experience of riding high powered superbikes, I hadnt recent experience of driving high powered RWD cars.  Which was clearly a load of bull as I was getting quotes of £400 to insure an M3 and £500 to insure a Lambo Gallardo (although 4wd but was worth like 5 times the price of the zed).

That's mad that you had to pay that much - I'm 22 with 4 years NCB and my first year on a HR was only £750 with admiral.  

• 2 weeks later...