350z & 370z Full TCS & VDC Disable With Memory

cs2000

47 minutes ago, Jay M1988 said:

Cs2000 when is the next batch to be ready?

As soon as those buttons come into stock. They tend to be one of the slowest things to arrive sadly. ordered them on the 5th, so id expect them here late this week, but with Easter, may be early next I guess. I have 5 complete built modules, so the hard work is done! just missing the 5 buttons!

I have messaged Chris but I have now realised he does not own a 370Z.

Can anyone who has fitted the module to a 370Z please confirm how many lights are illuminated on the Rev counter when the module has been activated.

I am only getting the TCS light illuminated but on the 350Z video there are two symbols illuminated.

TIA.

37 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

I have messaged Chris but I have now realised he does not own a 370Z.

Can anyone who has fitted the module to a 370Z please confirm how many lights are illuminated on the Rev counter when the module has been activated.

I am only getting the TCS light illuminated but on the 350Z video there are two symbols illuminated.

TIA.

@Keyser Are you able to lend any sage advice mate?

• Like 1

:wave:

OK plagiarised directly from the instruction manual I'm sure @cs2000 won't mind :lol: 

Start up the car and you will see the button light up. Notice the usual lights go out on the dashboard as normal after a few seconds.

Briefly press and release the button, a relay will click and the button led will turn off. You will now have the TCS and Slip lights illuminated on your dashboard meaning the Traction and Vehicle Dynamic Control stability aids are fully disabled.

I got this. (I'm sure I did) 

If you now turn the car off, wait a second and then turn it back on again, you’ll notice the relay clicks again and automatically disables the stability features for you!

Again as I recall BOTH lights came up on the dash showing TCS was still disabled.

To re-enable them, simply press and release the button again and the button led will illuminate.

Now turn the car off and on again and the TC and Slip lights will turn off on your dash. Traction and Vehicle Dynamic Control are now re-enabled just like normal.

You MUST turn the car off and back on and the lights will go off after the normal delay time.

I can double check this for you tomorrow as I will be with Beb who now owns my old 370z that I fitted the kit into, but I'm fairly sure that we expected and got identical results to the 350z when installed.

Hope that helps but I WILL double check it for you tomorrow as it was a while ago I installed it. :thumbs:

I am afraid I only have the one light illuminated when the module is active (TCS)

I have double cheacked the wiring but all seems as per instructions (Pins 1 & 4 of Yaw sensor)

Look forward to hearing from you after you have double checked. :thumbs:

One easy way to test would be totally unplug the yaw sensor, start the car and see if you have two, or one light.

not sure if it’s important, but I’d suggest disconnecting either power or ground from my module so it doesn’t power up when you do this test.

also worth checking that you have the ground leads wired right, it is important which one goes to the yaw sensor plug side of the wire that you snip in half, and which one goes back towards the wiring harness.

Edited by cs2000

8 hours ago, cs2000 said:

One easy way to test would be totally unplug the yaw sensor, start the car and see if you have two, or one light.

not sure if it’s important, but I’d suggest disconnecting either power or ground from my module so it doesn’t power up when you do this test.

also worth checking that you have the ground leads wired right, it is important which one goes to the yaw sensor plug side of the wire that you snip in half, and which one goes back towards the wiring harness.

I am doing 14 hour nightshifts until Sunday so I won't be able to do any fault finding until Monday.

When I arrived home this morning I pulled the cupholder to check the wiring configuration:

The yellow wire is connected to cut black wire (pin1) loom side

The blue wire is connected to cut black wire (Pin1) yaw sensor side

The Red wire is spliced to green wire (Pin 4)

The VDC warning symbol (See Below) light extinguishes normally (After a few seconds) if I disable the module and restart the engine.

If I enable the module the VDC warning symbol (See Below) illuminates permanently after restart.

I have just looked at the 2017 Owners manual what I call TCS they call VDC.

So when I turn the "Skiddy car Off" using the button by my knee the "VDC Off" warning light illuminates. If I turn the module On and restart the car then another VDC warning light illuminates. There are no other warning lights associated with TCS/VDC so perhaps I do only have one warning light illuminated when using the module.

I will provide a link OWNERS MANUALS  (2017 370Z Coupe) if anyone wants to check warning lights page 0-14 to confirm this.

Edited by StormWhite

Thanks for the update. You have wired it in correctly, so no worries there. If you get the grounds swapped, it will kinda work, but weird things happen, but that isn't the case here.

It could be that they simply updated how this works in the 2017 version I guess, meaning you would only see one light. I guess unplugging the Yaw sensor totally would confirm this (if you get the same result, its just how it works now). Cant remember what year Keyser's one was, but other members have also installed in a 370.

Traditionally, TCS and VDC were two different systems. TCS would cut power to the wheels, VDC would selectively apply the brakes to arrest a spin and is a last resort to keep you going straight.

Another way to try, go find somewhere and try to do a doughnut! if you can, its all working anyway (and is much more fun to test!

• Like 1

As I mentioned earlier what I called  TCS Nissan 2017 call VDC so I am going to suggest my module is working and leave it at that. As I did not remove my gear knob I had to unbolt my yaw sensor to unplug the plug so it would be a major  job to unplug the sensor just to see what happens.

I find it strange that what I would traditionally call the "TCS OFF Button" they call it the "VDC OFF" button.

Ahh ok, yeah that gear knob can be a pain in the ass to remove, If I remember, keyser's broke, but he just machined a new one (the benefits of having a fully stocked workshop I guess!)

Yeah, seems like they re-worded it, as I say, traditionally, they were two separate (but interlinked) systems.

Buttons came into stock on Saturday, made them up this morning, so PM's incoming!

One more ready to go at the moment!

6. PabloVC (350z) - Posted

7. KevT (370) - Posted

8. Iammatute 

9. Umster (370z) - Posted

Edited by cs2000

Just wanted to post an update as I left a PM for cs2000 a few days ago and never received a reply.

It turns out he has left the conversation so no chance of a reply.

My PM requested a replacement momentary switch (at my cost and when available) because I cross threaded it inadvertantly which involved using pliers on the switch body, also a suggestion that he used thinner gauge wire so I could solder and shrinkwrap as I had trouble crimping his supplied crimps to my very thin 370Z Yaw control wires.

I will be at Silverstone next weekend so if you have a spare switch see you there.

Just now, StormWhite said:

Just wanted to post an update as I left a PM for cs2000 a few days ago and never received a reply.

It turns out he has left the conversation so no chance of a reply.

My PM requested a replacement momentary switch (at my cost and when available) because I cross threaded it inadvertantly which involved using pliers on the switch body, also a suggestion that he used thinner gauge wire so I could solder and shrinkwrap as I had trouble crimping his supplied crimps to my very thin 370Z Yaw control wires.

I will be at Silverstone next weekend so if you have a spare switch see you there.

Sorry! I saw you had posted in here asking for help the other week so admit I didn’t read the pm.

Im more than happy to bring you another switch, think I have a spare unit laying around. Il bring one to Japfest for you.

as for the wires. I have actually gone thinner with this module batch, I used to use 20awg, this is 18. The issue isn’t as such the wire, but the fact that red crimps are the smallest one you can easily get, they only do red, blue and yellow (which are both larger)

anyway, come find me at Japfest, or il find you, and I can give you the switch

• Like 1

You have relieved me immensely with your reply. I really thought I had had hacked you off with my suggestion you go thinner.

The problem for me was using the supplied crimps with the very thin OEM loom Yaw control wires.

Hence my desire to go soldered.

Look forward to seeing you at Japfest.

Edited by StormWhite

Just now, StormWhite said:

You have relieved me immensely with your reply. I really thought I had had hacked you off with my suggestion you go thinner.

Look forward to seeing you at Japfest.

Haha no mate, not at all! I just thought your forum post and PM were the same thing so didn't read it, my mistake for assuming!

im always open to suggestions. Theirs usually a practical reason for doing things, such as the bullet connector sizes in this case, but i always listen!

sure mate, will see you there. If you wanna come track me down during the setup phase in the morning, I’m OO04 MYZ. Silver with Nismo stripes, black sidesteps, front lip etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, just as a reminder, I currently have 3 of these in stock fully built and ready to go, I also have several other modules part made and a ton more PCB's, so these should be "always" available now moving forwards.

Now, onto future developments. I have been working on and off for about 6 months now on a "upgrade" to this module, the new one would do all the same stuff, but would also allow the boosted guys to get in on the fun. It would allow Brake Boosting (build boost pressure on the line) and for the hoonigan in us all, it would also allow standing burnouts as it disables the throttle limit/cut when the brake is pressed.

Im getting the code finished up and have ordered some PCB's but no components yet, im just letting you all know what im working on :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2019 at 19:28, cs2000 said:

Hey all, just as a reminder, I currently have 3 of these in stock fully built and ready to go, I also have several other modules part made and a ton more PCB's, so these should be "always" available now moving forwards.

Now, onto future developments. I have been working on and off for about 6 months now on a "upgrade" to this module, the new one would do all the same stuff, but would also allow the boosted guys to get in on the fun. It would allow Brake Boosting (build boost pressure on the line) and for the hoonigan in us all, it would also allow standing burnouts as it disables the throttle limit/cut when the brake is pressed.

Im getting the code finished up and have ordered some PCB's but no components yet, im just letting you all know what im working on :)

Hey there,  if you happen to have some units left, can I grab one? If not then put me down for the next batch.  Thanks! 

52 minutes ago, UK_350z said:

Hey there,  if you happen to have some units left, can I grab one? If not then put me down for the next batch.  Thanks! 

PM on its way, I will be keeping these in stock now :)