350z & 370z Full TCS & VDC Disable With Memory

cs2000

So we have some movement on the 370z front. Keyser and I have both been pretty busy so it’s taken a while, but the guide is now all done. 370z confirmed ad a go!

@RDON il be sending you a message later when I’m on my pc and we can get things moving!

EDIT: PM Sent just now.

For everyone else teetering on the edge, I have 3 of these left all bagged up ready to go. once they're gone, they're gone (unless 10 more people want one, but that seems unlikely!)

Edited by cs2000

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the module finally made it here down under. I just finished fitting it and so far all seems good. Push the button and the lights on the dash light up telling me everything is off. Not had time to drive it yet but I don't anticipate any issues. Install instructions were excellent although I had to laugh as step 1 was to disconnect the battery and then step 2 said move the seat (electric ) all the way forward. Also you don't have to remove the gear knob  (I didnt) I just leant the back end of the centre column up against the passenger headrest and this gave me enough room to access the yaw control box. 

Very impressed with the product and the service.

1 hour ago, Bry said:

Well the module finally made it here down under. I just finished fitting it and so far all seems good. Push the button and the lights on the dash light up telling me everything is off. Not had time to drive it yet but I don't anticipate any issues. Install instructions were excellent although I had to laugh as step 1 was to disconnect the battery and then step 2 said move the seat (electric ) all the way forward. Also you don't have to remove the gear knob  (I didnt) I just leant the back end of the centre column up against the passenger headrest and this gave me enough room to access the yaw control box. 

Very impressed with the product and the service.

Haha, nobody else has mentioned that! but yeah, clearly you need battery power to move the seats ;)

Really glad it made it to the other side of the world in one piece! As long as you have those Dashboard  lights, then its all working as it should be :)

Got 3 more of these left now guys, as I said before, once they're gone, that's it, I don't plan to make any more of these again!

• 2 months later...

Well, pending a final sale today (after i check that i have the last one in stock), these are all gone.

Thats a grand total of 8 modules sold, one in my car and one given to Keyser for 370z testing and 0 reported install or usage issues :#1:

Im not immediately making anymore, it means ordering blank PCB's and components for another 10 at a time (minimum order quantities) and although i love my little board, it needs to sell. If there is interest, i will order/build some more, maybe there will be with it being spring/summer soon, track days coming up etc :)

Got one last one in stock since my buyer let me down, so PM incoming.

so, as I said before, I could build more in the future, but would need interest before I commit the time and resources to doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

@RobPhoboS @harrison140 - Ive ordered the remaining parts needed to make some more boards since I already had about half the items left and my PCB manufacturer is running a special offer at the moment, these will be special edition boards in red! haha.

Il contact you both closer to when items arrive (many components come from China) to see if youre still interested and to take deposits if required.

Everyone else, il be building 5 more of these boards right now, (once the bits arrive) with capacity to build another 5 with a few more components to be ordered. Stick your name below if youre interested.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, harrison140 said:

Thanks for letting me know.

Want me to put you on the list mate?

2 hours ago, Umster said:

Anyone got a photo of the kit? And a photo of it fitted? 

Hey, The photo in the first post of this topic is of the actual module (without the heatshrink I install to protect everything). Photos of the actual unit fitted would be kinda boring lol, its just a PCB, the only visible part of the LED button which you can mount wherever you want. Ive attached a photo of the unit placed in its location on the 370z, but again, all this gets covered up when you put the plastics back together, all you see is the button to activate/deactivate the system.

Capture.PNG

14 hours ago, cs2000 said:

Hey, The photo in the first post of this topic is of the actual module (without the heatshrink I install to protect everything). Photos of the actual unit fitted would be kinda boring lol, its just a PCB, the only visible part of the LED button which you can mount wherever you want. Ive attached a photo of the unit placed in its location on the 370z, but again, all this gets covered up when you put the plastics back together, all you see is the button to activate/deactivate the system.

Capture.PNG

Thanks! 

Just wanted to see where people had mounted their button, looks a good and tempting mod. 

1 Robphobos

2 Stormwhite (370z)

3 Harrison140

On 28/03/2019 at 13:51, Umster said:

Thanks! 

Just wanted to see where people had mounted their button, looks a good and tempting mod. 

no worries. In the 350's i suggest mounting it underneath the ashtray, it leave 0% chance of accidentally activating it, and all you have to do is pull the ashtray out and its available for us.

I believe on the 370, keyser has mounted his inside the centre armrest cubby for the same reason.

Let me know/add yourself if you want one :)

Heard from the PCB manufacturers, they were shipped yesterday, all the other bits apart from the LED buttons (they always take an age) are already with me. Arduino's have been programmed and soldered too. As with standard shipping times from China, id expect this lot to all turn up in around 1-2 weeks.

This will be a special edition run with Red PCB's ;)

Edited by cs2000