Rear coil spring isolators

Junkyardbear

The rear of my 350z import vert sits a little high for my liking the front is fine.

I don't want to lower the car with springs as have a bmw 330 sport I've lowered 60mm all round that is fun in a straight line and corners but a nightmare on pot holes speed  lumps and getting on my drive.

I've looked up the the rubber mount cutting method20180808_190425.jpg.7b10c7ab7933371725bc10006f832887.jpg and that seems a bit to much messing about and risk of getting it wrong. 

They do these universal isolators that a guy from the American 350z forum posted that shows a YouTube video of these being used.

Has anybody from hear tryed this yet as I want to do this to get the car looking leveled out.

Cars handle and look better if the rear sits a tad higher, tbh. That nose-down look is more aggressive than having it flat, as you may find it looks a little odd if you just do that. 

I tend to agree that a mild spring change in the 20-30mm range would be better, but I don’t know how sharp your driveway is. 60mm is just daft though! 

9 hours ago, Ekona said:

Cars handle and look better if the rear sits a tad higher, tbh. That nose-down look is more aggressive than having it flat, as you may find it looks a little odd if you just do that. 

I tend to agree that a mild spring change in the 20-30mm range would be better, but I don’t know how sharp your driveway is. 60mm is just daft though! 

60 mm on a BMW e46 330 vert looks mean and handles on rails but like any car with 30mm plus lowering it has it's down sides like speed bumps but most cars can't take a corner or rounder bout as tucked in and clean as me lol

Then you might as well do it properly with a quality set of lowering springs, no? A 30mm lowered Zed doesn’t have issues with 99% of roads, unless you’ve some fancy exhaust that’s sitting much much lower than stock? 

• 10 months later...

Bit of a thread resurrection but I've just replaced my Eibach springs with stock springs and fitted a set of these isolators on the rear. Ride is pretty good and I think the car sits well I think. Managed to buy a set for around £30 delivered from Amazon.com (black version) so thought it was worth a go. There is a video on YouTube of a set being fitted which persuaded me to go for it.

IMG-20190522-WA0004.jpeg

_20190621_112424.JPG

Edited by StuZGT

On 21/06/2019 at 11:21, StuZGT said:

Bit of a thread resurrection but I've just replaced my Eibach springs with stock springs and fitted a set of these isolators on the rear. Ride is pretty good and I think the car sits well I think. Managed to buy a set for around £30 delivered from Amazon.com (black version) so thought it was worth a go. There is a video on YouTube of a set being fitted which persuaded me to go for it.

Hi, just found this thread after watching a video as i cant sleep...been up for hours.  How are you finding the mod after a few days?

They are easy to fit and cheap enough. Closes the rear arch gap by around 10mm. The front now sits only very slightly higher than the rear but the car looks more level than stock in my opinion.