Azure blue 2004 single turbo Z £27k spent - £10,450 ono

rasco

After three and a half years of ownership, the time has come to sell my UK 2004 turbo 350Z, simply because I need more seats. I had planned on keeping it forever, and have maintained it with that in mind. Both myself and waltzinblack (the previous owner) have treasured the car, which has been built and maintained by all the right people (Abbey Motorsport, Horsham Developments, and my trusted mechanic Roy at Autobarn), and as such it has been a reliable daily driver for me over the last 3.5 years, covering over 30k miles myself in it, never left wanting for anything mechanically.

Waltzinblack owned the car for over 4 years, where most of the work has been done. The original engine blew at circa 75k miles, at which point the engine was replaced with one that had done 30k miles, where the turbo conversion was done. As such the engine has now done circa 92k miles, with the ODO showing 137k miles. Mileage will increase as the car is still my daily driver. Given so much of the car has been changed, it’s only really the chassis that has traveled that distance, and the car feels much newer than that number implies.

I bought the car in April 2015, where I had the car fully checked over by Roy at Autobarn, including engine compression test (mileage was circa 105k at the time) and all results indicated it was very healthy.

Given the car has had so much work done over the years, it doesn’t come with the standard service history. Very much the case that neither waltz nor I would wait until a service to fix something. The car was sold to me with a stack of invoices, totaling tens of thousands of pounds, so it was clear that the car had been well taken care of. Since my ownership, I have maintained it on an “as soon as it was required” basis, but regarding the oil changes, I’ve changed oil & filter at every 6k miles:

25/04/2015 – 105,036

31/10/2015 – circa 110,000 miles (I don’t have an ODO reading for this but the car was MOT’d on 06/10/2015 with mileage showing 109,710).

03/04/2016 – 116,214

12/11/2016 – 121,265

07/04/2017 – 126,773

11/11/2017 – 132,723

Next oil change due in 1k miles, which I’ll do when it reaches it. During my ownership I’ve also had brake fluid, gearbox oil and diff oil changed, plus the usual spark plugs, air filter etc etc. MOT expires October 2018, which again I’ll have done when the time comes, however ANY INSPECTION WELCOME, at the buyer’s cost, and that can be putting it through a fresh MOT if you like.

I have always driven the car with longevity in mind. One of the first things I did was fit an oil temp gauge and always make sure I let the car both warm up and cool down properly.

Here’s the mods list. Car produces 380bhp/370lbft at 0.5 bar, mapped by Horsham Developments. Such a low map/boost has been chosen for longevity of the parts, and as such I am proud to say this makes this car a reliable daily driver. Only ever run on V-Power.

Engine/fueling:

·         Replacement standard engine and ancillaries fitted by Abbey Motorsport

·         HKS single turbo kit which includes front mounted intercooler and induction kit/filter - fitted by Abbey Motorsport. Manual boost control valve fitted by Horsham end of 2014.

·         Upgraded injectors

·         Fuel return system/upgraded fuel rails

·         Upgraded Walbro fuel pump

·         Uprated MAF sensor

·         Plenum spacer

·         Brand new fuel tank senders, this means the fuel gauge works! (common fault on 350s is that after 1/4 tank... it drops to empty real quick even though there's loads actually in there).

Cooling:

·         HKS FMIC as above.

·         Mocal oil cooler kit.

·         Mishimoto 350z aluminium radiator and fan kit

·         Cosworth 1.3 bar high pressure rad cap

Suspension:

·         BC BR series racing coilovers for 350z.

·         Eibach upgraded ARBs front and rear

·         ALL relevant suspension/subframe links fitted with superpro Poly bushes

·         Whiteline poly diff mounts (they don’t do superpro ones)

·         Uprated drop links

·         Car lowered 20mm all round by virtue of BC coilovers

Braking:

·         Steel braided hoses front and rear

·         Uprated Ferodo DS2500 pads all round

·         Uprated DBA 4000 series disks all round

Transmission:

·         Quaife ATB limited slip differential

·         Braided clutch lines (clutch, fly, cylinder all standard but replaced at time of turbo)

Exhaust:

·         Longlife stainless steel exhaust and 200 cell sports cat.

Mapping:

·         Uprev standard ECU at time of turbo by Abbey - 330bhp/325lbft. 0.35 bar

·         Uprev standard ECU end of 2014 by Horsham with exhaust  - 380bhp/370lbft 0.5 bar

Cosmetic/other:

·         Defi boost & oil temp gauges in A pillar pod

·         19” RAYS forged alloys, MPSS on the front, MP4 on the rear. These alloys are not much heavier than the 18s they replaced, which was important to me.

·         Corbeau seats with OMP subframes

·         RSW real carbon interior kit

·         Uprated (facelift) bi-xenon headlights and LED tail/brake lights

·         Wheel spacers 25mm rear / 20mm front

·         Rear spoiler

·         JDM rear bumper and bumper lip

·         Rear wiper delete

·         Door handles sprayed black

·         Honda S2000 stubby aerial

·         Carbon B pillar covers

·         Handbrake cover, gearknob and trim changes

·         Re-trimmed steering wheel

·         Android Auto Pioneer stereo

·         Z bages front and rear

·         Zunsport front grill

As you can see, this is far from a standard Z, and does not drive like one, having over £27k spent on it over the last 8 years (stack of invoices to prove - I've added up all the figures from the invoices I have (which by no means covers everything), they total £27,294.13 in parts an labour, the vast majority on performance parts & fitting costs. This figure doesn't include the cost of the car itself!). It is honestly fantastic and will be missed. It wants for nothing mechanically, though as with any car of its age, it would need some cosmetic attention to bring it to show standards, and my asking price reflects this. The following photos were taken a week ago.

I have nothing to hide and as such ANY INSPECTION WELCOME (at buyers cost). I’d be more than happy to take it to a local garage to get it up on a ramp, run compression tests if you wish, etc etc. I did when I bought it!

Looking for £10,450 ono, location Basingstoke, does not come with private plate, will be returned to original before sale.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

docs.jpg

Edited by rasco

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t been on this forum since I sold the car to rasco. Pleased to see it has been tastefully modded since!

I must say the fact it has run flawlessly for this long is a testament to the expertise and quality of work of both Abbey and Horsham Developments when the work was done, and to Rasco’s attitude and care whilst owning it.

The midrange punch is addictive and the handling with all the chassis mods is sublime. 

You really can’t go much quicker for this price!

• Thanks 1

After reviewing in greater detail what else is available on the market, I'm revising the asking price. looking for £10,450 ono. I honestly believe this is the most all-round capable 350Z available to buy at the moment. I've just totted up all the figures from the invoices I have (which by no means covers everything), they total £27,294.13 in parts an labour, over the last 8 years, the vast majority on performance parts & fitting costs.