Re-Badge or not Re-Badge

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

My 370Z Nismo is booked in at a local bodyshop to respray the front bumper and back bumper. I've got some new Z centre badges that will be put on after the respray, but was wondering about the rear "370Z" and "Nismo" badges. These will obviously be removed to do the respray, but was wondering whether to bother refitting new ones after. What do you guys think? Re-Badge or not re-badge?

On 04/08/2018 at 23:32, SHEZZA said:

Re badge for me. Can’t the old badges be re used with fresh double sided tape ?

On 04/08/2018 at 23:32, SHEZZA said:

Re badge for me. Can’t the old badges be re used with fresh double sided tape ?

Very difficult with the Nismo lettering. I had my rear bumper done when I had the Nismo. The Nismo letters are individual plus come with a fitting template. Best to bite the bullet and buy new ones.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

badges = tailgaiters trying to see what it is. Looks cleaner. Makes no difference most nissan car owners know what it is anyway lol theyve prolly seen it sitting in the showroom...Nismo badge is a must though

Most people have no idea what car it is lol. How many 370Z Nismos do you even see on the road? 

Edited by FallenAngelX

14 hours ago, FallenAngelX said:

Most people have no idea what car it is lol. How many 370Z Nismos do you even see on the road? 

not many but the average person might not know. But if youve been to the nissan showroom especially a high performance center of which many go to they know. Even if you had Z badges. The style of logo gives it away as a Nissan. A lot of people dont but some people know what it is...youd be suprised..debadging helps but some people already know its a nissan...i had one for a year

Because it looks like its predecessor that might give it away also.....Ive had people ask me is that a GTR...so they must have figured out its a nissan without inspecting the badges..

ive seen 3 or 4, youre right.....

Edited by GranTurismoEra

My Z fell off followed by the 7 :-( took the remaining ones off and just left the nismo badge on. People still stop me and ask what car it is! I do need to repaint the inner part of the "N" because the red is fading-airfix( do airfix models still exist??) paint??