Higher gear clutch slipping

MattRwebB

If I’m in 4, 5, or 6th gear around 1800-2100 revs and out my foot down (half way) my engines revs faster (500 or so more) but have no  acceleration for a few seconds .. then my revs come down and then I do start to  accelerate ... am I right in thinking this is the clutch slipping or somethin else ? I’ve been told fly wheel is going .. others have said clutch .. others again said replace clutch and flywheel, slave and hoses and I’m confused lol

HELP!!

That sounds like a typical scenario of clutch slip! Normally tested by a high gear pull to see if the clutch can handle the torque the engine puts on it. 

It's recommended for the whole lot to be done, clutch kit, flywheel, slave cylinder, braided line and new fluid obviously. The zeds have dual mass flywheels as standard which can fail, so a lot of people replace with an upgraded, lighter single mass flywheel which is cheaper and "revs up" quicker.

Not a cheap one by any means and I'm definitely not looking forward to having to do this to my Z :lol:

So get a while new clutch kits and go for single mass lightened fly wheel? Been looking at the exedy one .. any just as good and cheeper? I’ve priced it up to be around the £1200 mark not including install :( I don’t wanna go high end just middle range is good for me and I don’t track it and even if I did feel like it once a year a normal clutch kit will be fine 

many recommendations will be helpful!

12 minutes ago, MattRwebB said:

So get a while new clutch kits and go for single mass lightened fly wheel? Been looking at the exedy one .. any just as good and cheeper? I’ve priced it up to be around the £1200 mark not including install :( I don’t wanna go high end just middle range is good for me and I don’t track it and even if I did feel like it once a year a normal clutch kit will be fine 

many recommendations will be helpful!

I would definitely, the HR cars are different to the earlier ones and have the slave cylinder inside the bellhousing/gearbox so whilst the gbox is all out it's best to do it all!

I'm sure some of the traders do full kits for around £800 and labour I would guess half a day to a full day