Scotland's NC500 MAY 2019 road trip.

Irn Bru

Mixed up my dates thought meeting in Perth on Saturday but have realised it's Friday....I know!!!  So, where are you all staying Friday night, so i can join you on Saturday morning with a hearty roar!!!

Hi gents, 

I'm currently in Wick having done the 500 the other way round in my HR. As I'll be heading down the A99 (leaving Wick approx 9am) if you're stopping anywhere for lunch what time would that be (and where) and I'll try to catch you on the road and introduce myself (assuming the missus hasn't dragged me off route to a local castle) 

Also, have to say, I'm jealous of the driving that you guys have ahead, if I had time I'd turn around and do it all again, genuinely great stuff. Only saw one police car up by Thurso, and no cameras so hopefully you'll have the same luck! 

Cheers

Ben

20190521_120034.jpg

• Like 2

On 22/05/2019 at 20:53, Scorpion said:

Mixed up my dates thought meeting in Perth on Saturday but have realised it's Friday....I know!!!  So, where are you all staying Friday night, so i can join you on Saturday morning with a hearty roar!!!

Muir of Ord hotel mate

1 hour ago, Kickforbreakfast said:

Hi gents, 

I'm currently in Wick having done the 500 the other way round in my HR. As I'll be heading down the A99 (leaving Wick approx 9am) if you're stopping anywhere for lunch what time would that be (and where) and I'll try to catch you on the road and introduce myself (assuming the missus hasn't dragged me off route to a local castle) 

Also, have to say, I'm jealous of the driving that you guys have ahead, if I had time I'd turn around and do it all again, genuinely great stuff. Only saw one police car up by Thurso, and no cameras so hopefully you'll have the same luck! 

Cheers

Ben

20190521_120034.jpg

Hi Ben, welcome to Scotland, glad you've had a blast. Difficult to say tbh and there might be a group split from when we head off on Saturday morning as a few of us are cutting off the north east corner and going diagonally to Kyle of tongue / Durness . Some others might want to go to John o groats, sorry cant be anymore specific than that atm.

No problem at all mate, we're staying in Invergordon on the Friday night so if we get up early doors we can head to the Muir of Ord hotel for a cheeky picture of the cars. I'll give it a shot and if not no worries :thumbs:

Blast is an understatement! I live on the doorstep of North Wales and thought I'd driven some good roads. This has been an absolute eye opener.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irn Bru said:

Hi Ben, welcome to Scotland, glad you've had a blast. Difficult to say tbh and there might be a group split from when we head off on Saturday morning as a few of us are cutting off the north east corner and going diagonally to Kyle of tongue / Durness . Some others might want to go to John o groats, sorry cant be anymore specific than that atm.

When you leave Muir of Ord are you cutting through to lairg ? 

12 hours ago, LRF4N said:

Looks like you got some good weather 

Was hoping to tag along tomorrow but won’t make it unfortunately 

Its been absolutely hammering down with rain the last 2 days

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bigjimg said:

Got a wee bit lost on that  last leg guys, sorry, just home now but did see some lovely places on our detour

We thought you had gone to the waterfalls instead of doing the driving route, sorry Jim, I think Brian tried ringing when we pulled up 10 minutes after leaving fort William.

Was a good laugh meeting you and Jan, glad you got the 370 home in one piece. were just passing Lockerbie now we will give you a wave 

Edited by Rob350
  • Like 1

I've got to say thanks again to irn bru for organising this, this was my 1st driving tour with and I thoroughly enjoyed everyday rain or shine... bar the hour I was under my car in the pouring rain on a cafe car park :lol:

Great to meet you all and hopefully go on another tour with you again.

• Like 2

Guys, planning for next one already, probably 2021 and looking to go to Mallaig, Plockton, up the west cost, across the north coast to Thurso / Scrabster and getting ferry over to Orkney for the day. Will start a new post once I start the planning

• Like 1

What can I say guys.....thanks for the fun and laughs.....enjoyed every minute (except being stuck on Applecross lol) Enjoyed leading on the Saturday it's always a highlight for me!!

Nice to meet all the new ones and catch up with the "veterans" and thanks to Jim for the loan of our radios....they really do make the trip.

Chirag and Sai as entertaining as usual....and being behind "Sooty" was well eyewatering lol

Glad my jerry can came in useful and we had no really big mechanical problems.

Loved Nuggets detour to Kinlochleven that was brilliant twisty driving!!

Last but not least thanks to Brian and Adele for the company and organisation.....top people!

Thanks for the excellent company guys and gals hopefully see you all on the next one!! (pics to follow)

Ian n Jenny

Edited by Brummiestormer
  • Like 4