On 25/01/2019 at 17:42, Nugget said:

So...... what we all coming in lads ?

1: Irn Bru - White R33 GTST Skyline

2. Bigjimg - Blue 370Z

3. TomBorehamUK - Bmw 335i

4. Rob350 - Grey BMW E46 M3

5.shaunrs - white Subaru wrx sti

6. Nugget - Silver 350z

7. Nuggets Son - Silver 350z (different car)

8. Andy3200 - BMW E46 M3 - Booked.

Edited by Andy3200
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy3200 said:

Cheers Irn, booked the last of the rooms at the smaller places, just need to decide on where to stay on the way up:thumbs:

Where you based Andy and what brought you to this club, you being a m3 owner ?. I bought an e46 m3 after I sold my zed, liked it but it just didn't give me the buzz of jap cars so traded it for a R33 gtst

I’m on a few Bmw forums and heard about the meet through a member on m3 cutters forum, based near Manchester, Been to a few track days recently as a spectator so might go for an E90 with the DCT when funds allow. 

21 minutes ago, Andy3200 said:

I’m on a few Bmw forums and heard about the meet through a member on m3 cutters forum, based near Manchester, Been to a few track days recently as a spectator so might go for an E90 with the DCT when funds allow. 

I sold my e92 m3 last year, unfortunately. By far the best car I've owned. The DCT is fantastic bit of kit, think throwing the keys to my dad (irn bru) set him up for when he bought his e46.

52 minutes ago, shaunRS said:

I sold my e92 m3 last year, unfortunately. By far the best car I've owned. The DCT is fantastic bit of kit, think throwing the keys to my dad (irn bru) set him up for when he bought his e46.

It did indeed Dude, but the e46 is nothing compared to the beast that is the e92.....what an absolute weapon  of a car, one day I'll have one for sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy3200 said:

Cheers Irn, booked the last of the rooms at the smaller places, just need to decide on where to stay on the way up:thumbs:

Are you travelling up on the Thursday or the Friday Andy ?

Reading this thread has made me persuade the missus to do the trip next weekend, probably going to stay at John O as there are a few nice things to see up that coast from inverness.

Whats the average speed along the top? 35mph? Just wondering how long each journey might take? AA route planner accurate with times?

Hope you all have a good trip sadly it's my soon to be brother inlaws stagdo the weekend you are going as it would be nice to convoy with people I imagine.

Just need to cross my fingers the Z passes its MOT tomorrow.

6 hours ago, evilscorp said:

Reading this thread has made me persuade the missus to do the trip next weekend, probably going to stay at John O as there are a few nice things to see up that coast from inverness.

Whats the average speed along the top? 35mph? Just wondering how long each journey might take? AA route planner accurate with times?

Hope you all have a good trip sadly it's my soon to be brother inlaws stagdo the weekend you are going as it would be nice to convoy with people I imagine.

Just need to cross my fingers the Z passes its MOT tomorrow.

You'll love it Gary, speed ?....... well that's open to preference, depends if you want to fly through it and enjoy the roads or cruise through it and take in the scenery, a mixture of both is what I'd recommend but tbh, the roads can be limiting anyway. Enjoy it mate, your own way.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TomBorehamUK said:

From what I remember of our last trip, the average speed was a tad more than 35mph:hypocrite:

I thought most of the roads would be really twisted so bring the average speed right down? Obviously 60mph when the conditions allow lol.