Scotland's NC500 MAY 2019 road trip.

Irn Bru

Route plans and pit stops / photo shoots etc.

FRIDAY 24TH MAY: I'm going to do two meeting points this year, first one at 9.30am, Hermiston Gate, Krispy kreme Doughnuts, Edinburgh

www.krispykreme.co.uk/store/krispy-kreme-edinburgh

and the second in Perth Tesco store, 10.30-11.00ish, depending on traffic, Edinburgh Rd, Perth PH2 8DX

Friday will see us do Perth to Ord of Muir by Inverness, via the Cairngorms National Park, taking in the Spittal of Glenshee, one of the highest A roads in the UK. Hotel booked is the Ord Arms Hotel, £77.50  for double room and breakfast.

SATURDAY 25TH MAY:  From Muir of Ord its north via the A862 and A9 to Wick and onto John O'groats, then west along the A836 to Durness and then south down to Lochcarron, for the night in the Lochcarron Hotel. This will be a LONG  DAYS DRIVE, so be prepared for that. There's also no set route on the south bound way from Durness as there is lots of touristy stuff down that west coast to see, so you are free to decide which route you want to take from Durness if you want to peel off for the day and do your own thing. Hotel booked is the Lochcarron Hotel, £100.00 for double room with breakfast.

SUNDAY 26TH MAY:  Again lots of options for this days drive as it is right on the road to Applecross, which is a defo for me, but also close by is the Isle of Skye, which some people might want to do too. So from the Kyle of Lochalsh, heading south A87 and A82 to Fort William and our next Hotel. This is a short day, deliberately, as there is way to many options on this part to list or even plan for, so I will be leaving that up to each individual to decide for themselves. Hotel booked is the Premier Inn, Fort William. £107.00 for double room, breakfast is additional

MONDAY 27TH: Fort William and south on the A82 through Glen Coe, Rannoch Moor etc etc and homeward bound.

Just to reiterate again, the hotels above mentioned are where I have chosen to book into because they are big enough to accomodate us all if you book today / soon, may not be the cheapest but they are fairly priced. If you don't fancy them or need it to be cheaper then you'll need to do your own searching for accomodation. BUT again, as I'VE SAID BEFORE, DONT LEAVE IT TOO LATE OR YOU WILL EITHER NOT BE COMING BECAUSE YOU CANT GET ANYTHING BOOKED, OR YOU WILL END UP MILES AWAY FROM THOSE OF US THAT DO BOOK NOW / SOON.

Any questions just fire away :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brummiestormer said:

All hotels booked but doing Airbnb In Ft.William we might go across country to Laxford Bridge and meet you coming south at Kyelsku Bridge......are we using the walkie talkies this time?

Yeah will be as per last time mate, I'll have a couple of spare ones again too

Thinking maybe update the list with who's booked so we know who's Definatly going...

Official list time lads :yahoo:.

1: Irn Bru + 1

2: ShaunRS +1

3. Rob350 + 1 booked/paid

4: TomBorehamUK +1

5: Bigjimg + 1

6.Brummiestormer+1

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

9. Nugget AKA - Griff ( son has a Z as well, will let him know)

I know there were only a couple of rooms left at each hotel when I booked, Iv ended up staying at a air bnb just up the road on the Saturday stop over.

Edited by Rob350

48 minutes ago, Rob350 said:

Thinking maybe update the list with who's booked so we know who's Definatly going...

5: Bigjimg + 1

6.Brummiestormer+1 booked hotels

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

I know there were only a couple of rooms left at each hotel when I booked, Iv ended up staying at a air bnb just up the road on the Saturday stop over.

59 minutes ago, Rob350 said:

5: Bigjimg + 1 Booked/paid.

6.Brummiestormer+1

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

4: TomBorehamUK +1 Booked

6.Brummiestormer+1

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

57 minutes ago, TomBorehamUK said:

1: Irn Bru + 1 booked

2: ShaunRS +1 booked

6.Brummiestormer+1 booked

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

1: Irn Bru + 1 booked

2: ShaunRS +1 booked

6.Brummiestormer+1 booked

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

10. Chirag1988 - booked

11. Sai AKA Serial Vapist - booked

• Like 2

So...... what we all coming in lads ?

1: Irn Bru - White R33 GTST Skyline

2. Bigjimg - Blue 370Z

3. TomBorehamUK - Bmw 335i

4. Rob350 - Grey BMW E46 M3

Edited by Rob350