Scotland's NC500 MAY 2019 road trip.

Irn Bru

Just a little something from my local rag, I live on the NC500 route and the local plod are always on the lookout.This has only come about because of the horrendous driving of some of the people doing this route, I do like to use my Zed to its smiles per miles potential  but the speed some clowns come through the village were I live and other villages on the route is fkn stupid to say the least. However that said there are many many miles of isolated road were any Zed driver can have loads of fun not all at high speed I do most weeks, hell I have fun visiting one of my sons and never go over 35mph :drive1.  I will now step down from my soap box, apologies if required:D  https://www.northern-times.co.uk/News/P ... 092018.htm  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NeeZ said:

Just a little something from my local rag, I live on the NC500 route and the local plod are always on the lookout.This has only come about because of the horrendous driving of some of the people doing this route, I do like to use my Zed to its smiles per miles potential  but the speed some clowns come through the village were I live and other villages on the route is fkn stupid to say the least. However that said there are many many miles of isolated road were any Zed driver can have loads of fun not all at high speed I do most weeks, hell I have fun visiting one of my sons and never go over 35mph :drive1.  I will now step down from my soap box, apologies if required:D  https://www.northern-times.co.uk/News/P ... 092018.htm  

Hope you'll come and join us for a days driving NeeZ as we'll be passing by if not through your area

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NeeZ said:

Totally agree.....time and place for everything.....I only saw the fuzz going into Durness last time....and remember we do have our communication devices lol

• Like 1

On 30 November 2018 at 22:59, Irn Bru said:

Hope you'll come and join us for a days driving NeeZ as we'll be passing by if not through your area

I have every intention to join in for a day or two , when you guys have sorted out your route/ times etc looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2018 at 15:58, Irn Bru said:

Just a FYI, but I assume the members coming up from the south who haven't done it before, you'll need 5 (five days) to do this. The Thursday to travel up to Perth / Edinburgh area meeting point for the kick off on the Friday morning.

Tempted to join along.

What sort of plans would be on for the Monday? Just wondering if us down south need the Tuesday too to drive back :D.

1 hour ago, ILikeDolphins said:

Tempted to join along.

What sort of plans would be on for the Monday? Just wondering if us down south need the Tuesday too to drive back :D.

Last time the guys from London and south drove all the way home on the Monday. I try to plan the route so we are as far south of the NC500 as possible to accommodate them. You need to think about your homeward bound journey, possibly taking a overnight stop on route home on the Monday night or you can hard core it and do it on the Monday. Entirely up to yourself as to what way you want to work it. Same applies for the start on the Friday, but most southern members drove up on the Thursday and stayed over for a refreshed start on the Friday morning.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right folks, below is the hotels I've booked into for this trip. Its been a fekin nightmare trying to get suitable accomodation for us, everywhere is booking up very quickly so if you want in on this book NOW and worry about the route later. Im posting the route up today but its will take me time to map it all out and get it posted up, so if you're coming, get on the phone to the hotels today,........ you have been warned lol.

FRIDAY 24TH MAY - http://www.ordarmshotel.co.uk/ £77.50 per room including breakfast, Address: Great N Rd, Muir of Ord IV6 7XR  Phone: 01463 870286

SATURDAY 25TH MAY - www.lochcarronhotel.com Lochcarron Hotel Main Street Lochcarron, Ross-Shire, UK IV54 8YS  Phone: 01520 722 226 £100.00 per double room including breakfast

SUNDAY 26TH MAY - https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/highland/fort-william/fort-william.html?cid=GLBC_FORLOC £107.00 per room, no breakfast, but can be purchased on the day of leaving.

Route map coming later today, but were going anti-clockwise this year.

• Like 1