Scotland's NC500 MAY 2019 road trip.

Irn Bru

12 hours ago, Kingsley said:

This is on my tick list of things to do in the Zed lol. 

How much roughly was it all in last time you went? 

Excluding my big expense to repair the Zed.....

It was around £850 for fuel, hotels & food, this was driving from london and and back so i'd guess closer to £500 if you're up north anyway.

• Like 2

I am 100% down for this, been wanting to do it for years! i am also a photographer, you can check out some of my work on my page on Facebook and instagram 'Dani Austin Photography'.

1: Irn Bru + 1

2: ShaunRS +1

3. Rob350 + 1

4: TomBorehamUK +1

5: Bigjimg + 1

6.Brummiestormer+1

7. Miss_Dani350z +1

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TomBorehamUK said:

Excluding my big expense to repair the Zed.....

It was around £850 for fuel, hotels & food, this was driving from london and and back so i'd guess closer to £500 if you're up north anyway.

Think it cost me over £700.00 for my missus and me last time, I'd be budgeting around that mark and more if your coming up from down south. It's not a cheap weekend and we cover lots of miles everyday, so you need to be ready for that expense and hard-core driving, but with lots of photo stops en route. Its an amazing roadtrip, I've lost count how many times I've done over the years and still never bored of it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Irn Bru said:

Think it cost me over £700.00 for my missus and me last time, I'd be budgeting around that mark and more if your coming up from down south. It's not a cheap weekend and we cover lots of miles everyday, so you need to be ready for that expense and hard-core driving, but with lots of photo stops en route. Its an amazing roadtrip, I've lost count how many times I've done over the years and still never bored of it. 

Yes, that sounds about right, my figure was per person :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

I fancy this, when do you need a definite answer by?

Hi mate, basically what happens is I put the route and hotels and booking contact details up, saying these are the ones I'm booking into and I try to get block booking discounts for us, not always possible but I try, it's then up to each individual member to phone and book, but if you want to be in the same hotel as the majority of members then I advise to book as soon as I post up the details, which will be in January, just after new years holidays. It's a Scottish bank holiday when we go and the hotels book up fast, as a few late to the party members found out last time and struggled to get booked, some even managed to be in different towns close by the official route and hotels, which kind of defeats the purpose of going with the group, so my advice is, if your serious about this trip is book as soon as I post up the details up.

I post up the full route, towns, villages and touristy spots along with hotels and room rates once I've finalised it all. I tend to start my planning in earnest late November early December and have it all posted up in the new year or sooner if time allows, it's a lot of work pulling this all together, so keep checking in for updates.

On 27/08/2018 at 16:26, LRF4N said:

Dunrobin castle is nice if you’re passing 

Ah’m sure Irn Bru will have this covered :thumbs:

but jist tae photo whore onyway,  here’s the said castle and the bus turning point at John O Groats :lol:   For anyone doing this for the first time, yer in for a treat :thumbs:, for thems that’s jist lurkin and switherin, get oan board for a fandabidozi trip B)

0FE7590C-595A-4221-BB2A-5099F8BEAFC4.png

1A28C853-BDEE-4346-8A49-01053FDF38BA.png

60B30172-70CA-47F2-8468-DAF1600E686C.png

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

Airbnb at Balloch just a place to crash tbh

Hmmm, you might need to rethink  that Ian as we will be doing the route anti clockwise this time around with the tour taking in the Cairngorms national park and the famous Spittal of Glen Shee, then heading to Inverness and north from there to Thurso, before heading west along the North coast. However it would be easy for you to meet us at Perth, which I think is going to be the main meeting point.

• Like 3

On 19/09/2018 at 13:18, Irn Bru said:

Hmmm, you might need to rethink  that Ian as we will be doing the route anti clockwise this time around with the tour taking in the Cairngorms national park and the famous Spittal of Glen Shee, then heading to Inverness and north from there to Thurso, before heading west along the North coast. However it would be easy for you to meet us at Perth, which I think is going to be the main meeting point. 

Hey,

Assuming based on this that Edinburgh or something will be the start location?

I am tempted to do go do this but will be getting the ferry over from Belfast so will work it all out when you post more details.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

Could meet at the Maccie D's at the end of the M90/A9 island at Perth?

Was probably going to suggest the Tesco car park as it's right on the main drag as you come into Perth from the M9 side and it's a decent size for everybody to get parked up in for the usual talk and de-brief prior to us heading off. Nothing cast in stone as yet though mate.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Count me in, just done the NC500 in September on my GSA and was looking to organise the same to do it in the Z, if ya won't any help glad to pitch in?

Official list time lads :yahoo:.

1: Irn Bru + 1

2: ShaunRS +1

3. Rob350 + 1

4: TomBorehamUK +1

5: Bigjimg + 1

6.Brummiestormer+1

7.Miss_Dani350z

8.Hrma+1

9. Nugget AKA - Griff ( son has a Z as well, will let him know)

Edited by Nugget
  • Like 1

On 19/09/2018 at 13:18, Irn Bru said:

Them Cairngorms around Glen Shee are to die for, great roads and if you catch it at the right time of year, hardly any traffic.

• 1 month later...

Not familier how you guys organise your road runs but could i join in for just part of the event? How would that be done?

Glamis Castle is just along the road from me and is a wonderful backdrop. The late Queen Mother's birthplace. Scone Palace near Perth too is a good venue.

Nigel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scorpion said:

Not familier how you guys organise your road runs but could i join in for just part of the event? How would that be done?

Glamis Castle is just along the road from me and is a wonderful backdrop. The late Queen Mother's birthplace. Scone Palace near Perth too is a good venue.

Nigel

Full details of trip still to be confirmed but the basics are on my post a few posts up ^^ of this post. Join us for some of it or just part of it, it's entirely up to yourself bud, nobody will have any issues with whichever option you choose. The first trip had quite a few just coming along for the day, and 13 cars done the entire trip with some members peeling off to do their own thing for the day and meeting up at hotel at the end of the days drive. It's everybody's weekend break and free to please themselves without any need or pressure to do the group thing. Be glad to see you join us for some if not all of it.