370Z Price Tanking?!

HRAB

On 01/08/2018 at 11:57, HRAB said:

I think the 370 will always be the more expensive car hence why I would surprised if the value continues to drop significantly. 

59 minutes ago, HRAB said:

I maybe the only other person that thinks this :lol:

So out of curiosity as youve obviously given it some thought, whats your prediction of where the 370z will end up at its bottom value?

31 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

So out of curiosity as youve obviously given it some thought, whats your prediction of where the 370z will end up at its bottom value?

When I said drop significantly I meant significant spikes, not total drop in value. I expect the total value to drop a lot over time but not necassarily drop to the same level as the 350s. What do I expect the bottom value to be on the 370s?! That’s the question! If I were to guess that the 350 bottomed out at 3k then I would hazard a guess say the 370 may be something more like 4K. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sipar69 said:

I think this thread is rapidly depreciating in value and ought to be sent to the scrap yard. :)

What if it’s about to become a classic?! Could be the NSX of threads :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HRAB said:

When I said drop significantly I meant significant spikes, not total drop in value. I expect the total value to drop a lot over time but not necassarily drop to the same level as the 350s. What do I expect the bottom value to be on the 370s?! That’s the question! If I were to guess that the 350 bottomed out at 3k then I would hazard a guess say the 370 may be something more like 4K. 

Just for clarity, when you say "bottomed out" what sort of spec car are we talking here, GT edition with how many miles?

7 hours ago, FallenAngelX said:

Just for clarity, when you say "bottomed out" what sort of spec car are we talking here, GT edition with how many miles?

I was comparing a 350 DE vs a 370GT. You could compare average price across all models or other comparisons such as 350HR vs 370nismo. They will all have different numbers attached to them. I was focusing on what I thought was probably the most common models. I probably wouldn’t include cat write offs either.

LOL i couldnt sell the 350, its all dictated by demand. And only a handful of people seem to want to buy either vehicle. Then you got people who like the 350 or own the 350 that wouldnt buy a 370....I couldnt give my nismo away. Ended up selling to we buy any car. The market for these are very very slim. Probably only a 100 - 200 or so Nismo 15 onwards in the country :D

I like the refined 370 and it has that road presence. But you cant beat old school of the 350Z. It is what it is. 370 will probably never come close to 350 prices due to the differences and age....but you never know..buyers market

. I think when its 30 plus years and there are like 5 for sale of which 2 are in great condition, then maybe....by then you got an impending petrol car ban..where you would have to be mad max to drive at night to not get caught in one lol...

All GTRs yes. 350s way too many and as mentioned the heritage isnt as glitzy as the GTR or Celica GT Four or NSX...

Old NSX i remember when they were £30,000 lol. Now some people have them up at £70,000 :D

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 01/08/2018 at 20:50, Kryptek49 said:

Low mileage HR's are already going for more than higher mileage 370s.

There's a few 370's on Autotrader for less thank 10k, and a few HR's with around 20-30k miles on for more than that.

There is an HR in a garage near me in Bmth for £12.5k