R888 rubbish on a 1500kg RWD sports car?

davey_83

I take a everything they say with a pinch of salt.
Tyre reviews, done by a company that sell tyres, they do have an ulterior motive at the end of the day.
Just look at the guys reaction when he starts to slide on any tyres. Jerky and slow. Anyway.

R888's are decent tyres from my experience. I had a set on my S14. Good grip, feedback isn't great, wet is a bit @*!#, but it's a SS at the end of the day.
I'd compare them to AD08R's

This forum is obsessed with tyres :lol: we even have a resident "guru" :scare:. Personally i find it a lot more educational to try a few out, i doubt there are many on here that could get in a car (myself included) and tell the difference between say federal rsr's or nankang ns2r, 888's or ar1's, goodyear f1's or mpss without seeing what was on there first.

888's are a fantastic track tyre, i have used them on the 350 and vx with 500kgs + difference and cant say they suffered at all on the 350 if they are suggesting the weight hinders them, is the extra cost over an Ar1 worth it which i went to next, not in my opinion.

Ive not tried Torfeo's yet, but would like to.

Just watched the vid as had a moment to kill, at 8.36 you can see the triangle wear indicator on the Toyo, just above the T of the Toyo, for optimum performance and air pressure, the top of the triangle indicator should just be being scrubbed, so imho he had the wrong air pressure in the Toyo and could also do with getting some heat cycles through it, but maybe thats the same for the others too.