My 'high mileage' Z - an update 12 months on

heyho

Bought this:

My Z

just over 12 months ago. 133k miles would have raised a few eyebrows but that doesnt bother me.  Not done a great amount of mileage in it but:

- sailed through its MOT

- NEVER spilled one drop of fluid

A total pleasure to drive.

Had one issue a few weeks ago when it kept on overheating. Replaced temp sensor, thermostat and fans (they were knackered). Also did a full flush of the coolant including Wynns cleaner (which when drained was totally clear of any debris or crap) then went through the bleed process. Fine again. 

Only other issue was I clipped a kerb on the first day i had it avoiding a speed bump. Ooops a slight bump on the rotas. I did buy it with a little bubbling on the paint work of one of the rear arched. Will need at some stage but not got worse in a year

Will I be keeping it. God yes what a sub £5k car it is. Do I fancy  do anything to it. Well fancy one of those rear window grills, a duck spoiler and to have the roof and grill and spoiler wrapped in carbon graphite. We shall see. i also said I'd get the wheels painted black and get rid of that awful orange interior. But its sort of grown on me. oh and the hulk is staying as well lol

Love the car, love driving it 

• Like 1

Glad to hear it is running well. I've just clocked over 103k so hopefully mine also has lots of life left. Aside from standard wear and tear parts I've only had to do the compression arms so far and my Cats. Most of the rest of my original parts seem to be holding up quite well (touch wood).