Side Skirts

antnee

I've been looking at some of the 'add-on' skirts you can get. I like the look of the Maxton and Tarmac Sports ones, but I can't find any pictures of them except for the example ones. 

Anyone used/fitted either before?

I have front lip and boot spoiler in gloss back fitted to my car by Maxton products and they are good quality and fit, see them on my build thread the YELLOW PROJECT.

Looking at putting skirts on side and rear end myself as they are good prices.   :drive1

These are the tarmac ones. Being honest the look ok, but have cracked in a few places. I don’t think fibreglass is strong enough for them. Also makes getting a jack under almost impossible. Would prefer if they were PU or carbon.

6BA52CF2-1F9A-44F6-A6EE-0065950448D8.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've just taken delivery of a set of the Maxton ones but I'm in 2 minds whether to fit them or not. The thought of screwing self-tappers into the OEM skirts is putting me right off. Do they extend through the plastic skirts and screw into the metalwork? I wanted to keep any mods potentially reversible. What's the best kind of adhesive to use, 3M tape or adhesive? Does the car need to be jacked or is it possible to screw in the hex-headed self-tappers with a a ratchet/stubby hex screwdriver?

Edited by SeeNoWeevil

• 2 weeks later...