Rev up or DE

danielb186

Hey, guys so I've not long bought my zed its a 2004 but the guy I bought it off said he changed the engine, the engine was from a 2007 zed and he claims it to be an up rev engine is there any way to tell? I saw the other engine at his house so I know the engine has been swapped. :teeth:

Edited by danielb186

Power mods are a waste of money on a 350z. The differences are negligible unless you start spending serious cash, ideally FI.

The plenum spacer on it's own makes no difference on a Rev Up, but combined with an MREV2 or a *modified DE lower plenum, there are some gains to be had. That being said, as per my first comment, the gains are small and not really worth the time or effort - your money would be better spent on handling mods (adjustable coilovers, solid / poly bushes and mounts, stubby aerial, adjustable suspension arms, ARBs, rear wiper delete, and bracing / swaybars)

*Basically a much cheaper DIY option that involves trimming down the original DE lower plenum to replicate an MREV2, There's guides detailing it somewhere if you have a Google.

cheers for all the advice buddy =D On my to do list is some maintenance (clutch slave needs changing) a bit of a bodywork tidy up, a new driver's seat as mine is ripped, additional bodywork (side louvers, side skirts and maybe a front lip) then coilovers =D

Oh and spacers for the front wheels haha