Are my window tints legal?

FallenAngelX

Hey all,

Bought my Nismo from a main dealer a few weeks ago. The car came with the tints on (side and back) and I did ask if they were legal to which they said "yes" multiple times. How ever they seem pretty dark! I am concerned that they are over the limit. I can not find anywhere that offers a VLT test either.

I have put some pics below, let me know what you guys think. Additionally does anyone know what the stock light transmission is for the side windows?

Pics below:

3dBWJS9.png

64MuBK3.png

1M97vOA.png

Thanks!

Edited by FallenAngelX

Leave them alone, they look the same as mine which I have not had issues with for two years. Instead of worrying about your windows remove the pin stripes from your mirrors. Bit of WD40 and some elbow grease.

Edited by Payco

17 minutes ago, FallenAngelX said:

I think they look fantastic as well guys. I am just wanting to essentially make sure they are legal! Hopefully they are so I can leave them on!

Well silly question then: Is there a film on them? If they’re OEM tinted then I’d strongly suspect they’re legal, if there’s any kind of of film on there then 99% they’d be illegal. 

7 hours ago, Ekona said:

Well silly question then: Is there a film on them? If they’re OEM tinted then I’d strongly suspect they’re legal, if there’s any kind of of film on there then 99% they’d be illegal. 

Yes there is a film on them, not OEM. How ever the main dealer said they were legal which is why I am confused by this. 

48 minutes ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

You can obviously tell by comparing to the car next to it in the first photo. The difference is not 5% vs pure black. Just Google a pic of a stock 370z and you'll be able to see. Doesn't need a VLT test or a genius to work this out.

/End thread

Sorry, I can not say I am very well versed in window tints at all, are you saying that they are over the limit then?

Thanks

These aren't as dark as the pictures make out. From the first and second pictures, looking at the cars thru the far side window clearly shows full visibility in detail. Your tints will always appear darker, as behind them is a mostly black interior. 

Sorry not much help if legal or not, but that's fairly impossible via a forum anyways. 

Edited by davey_83

11 hours ago, LRF4N said:

Sorry my question was to Payco- why take the pin stripes off the wing mirrors?

Because they look better all black buddy than with a stick on pin stripe which they come with stock.

4 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

OP, the dealer misinformed you, simple as that.

^^^ This.

But you wouldnt be the first to have illegal tints, so if you like it, i wouldnt worry too much, depends on whether your concern is the police or the remote possibilities your insurance will be invalid should it impair your vision in an accident.