[SOLD]SOLD - 2006 Nissan 350z GT Roadster 49k

Stevie-Boy

Reason for Sale

Never thought I'd see this day but it's here. I HAVE to get serious about life and pull together a house deposit and this is the only way I can raise a chunk of money to help me towards getting there. I'm being kicked out of my rental and I've had enough of renting, I have to formulate a plan! The idea of parting with this car pains me inside but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

ZsmE3Kq.jpg

Key Details

She is a 2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster, UK car with 6 speed manual box, in Gunmetal Grey. The car only has 49k genuine miles on the clock, though in daily usage so will rise. This is the face lift version of the DE, known as the 'rev up' version so it has 300bhp and the face lift exterior and interior. The MOT is valid until 19th February 2019 and there were no advisories on the last one. Only ever had advisories for tyres and brake disks before in the past which you can verify yourself here -> https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ please PM me for the reg plate if you are interested. The engine is the VQ35DE 3.5L V6.  I have two keys and fobs for the car, it is located in Lancaster, UK.

VpXT1Ca.jpg

It may be a little too obvious to say but let's say it anyway, this car has two seats. There is no backseat of any description.

The only modifications are, the best 'quick' ones IMO:

Cobra resonated back section
Cobra resonated Y pipe
JWT Pop Charger Air Intake
Torqen Wheel Spacers
Custom Gear Knob
Stubby radio aerial
Kenwood Stereo

hhPCt4S.jpg

This car sounds AMAZING. When you have the roof down and that V6 is howling, man it's just nuts. You can't help but love the way it sounds.

The factory offset on these is known to be very tame as you all know, given the huge arches. That's why I added the spacers, it's a very common mod on these to just fill those arches and give the car a more purposeful look. If you don't like them, unbolt and you'd easily get £50 or whatever by selling them on.

ijNihoh.jpg

Features are things like:

Electric Roof
Traction Control
Air Con
18" Rays Wheels
Xenon Headlights
Heated Leather Seats
All the usual stuff like power steering, central remote locking etc
Brembo Brakes, front and rear
Cruise Control
350Z Floor Mats
Bose Speakers and Subwoofer

Whd2e09.jpg

Please note the wire hanging down in the picture above was just when I had a dashcam plugged in temporarily to the 12v socket, this wire is not a feature!

The car has a full service history up until my friend did the last one for me at 45k. Before that, I had the 36k mile one done at Nissan, book stamped etc and it was full history before then, loads of stamps in the book:

EDIT: had oil and filter done today (01/08/18) and had the book stamped. So oil was changed at 45k and then again today at 49k with proper stamp in the book just to keep it all proper. I can get the picture of the 49k book stamped in here too.

IGVt0bo.jpg

iCRPd9c.jpg

77LpWuY.jpg

Car History

The car has been owned here in the club. It was owned by a gentlemen and it was a garage queen, weekend car only. When he retired, he traded the car in to Nissan for something brand new. This car was so good that Nissan bought it and sold it themselves even though it was an older car. It was that owner that put the JWT Pop Charger on, that's an air intake that sounds lovely. Another chap bought the car from Nissan, a very nice gent from Wigan, also an owners club member here. He didn't have it too long before life circumstances hit him and he had to sell the car because of a new job. That's when I bought the car with 32k miles on the clock. Pristine garage queen minter. That chap bought the Cobra exhaust system at a cost of over £700. The only modifications I have made to this car are the gear knob, the stereo and the spacers.

uEW7iOk.jpg

More Info

I use this car daily. It's fine in the winter because you just keep the roof up, works like any other car then. In the warmer weather with the roof down, it's a real experience. It's the sort of car you go out driving in just because. The stereo is great because it has DAB but also, it's bluetooth etc so you can plug your phone in for calls and music. The factory 'behind the scenes' parts are there from the GT pack so it has Bose speakers and a Bose subwoofer behind the driver which packs a really nice punch. Even when you're cruising down the motorway at 70mph with the roof down, the stereo is plenty loud.  The Bose head unit from factory sounds a bit naff really, much better with the Kenwood. The original Bose will be supplied with the car. Even just the harnesses behind the dash to make this stereo work cost quite a few bob!

It's a functional space, it's not a family bus of course but the boot isn't too bad, the cockpit has plenty of cubby holes for storing 'bits'.

If you drive quickly, you can kick in traction control even into 3rd gear. I've never dared to switch TC off because it would probably bring death about. Seriously though, you have to step it some to kick the back out unexpectedly. If you want to do that, you can do that but it's very planted and assured to drive, it's not a death machine like some other RWD cars are.

YBvZAZ5.jpg

Good Bits

Awesome powerful RWD car
Roof down fun, all works perfectly
Exhaust note is insane
Super service history
Has the sought after GT pack hence Rays, cruise control, Bose woofer etc.
Has all the right mods, not been spoiled
Low mileage
UK car
Big Brembos
Looked after, serviced, detailed etc, cleaning it is a hobby
Electric leather seats all good, no bad bits.
EDIT:
All four new tyres and four wheel alignment done (01/08/18).

Needs front pads which I have bought and my mechanical friend is going to fit for me, so this is actually a good bit because it will have new Brembo pads. If he doesn't manage to fit these for me in time, these will be provided with the car.

iNRjEy6.jpg

I'm sure you all know Mark in this club who hand makes some bits himself. He does these gear knobs and you can choose your own colour etc. It looks lovely and feels perfect in the hand, as most knobs do to be fair.

Bad Bits

Worst bit was recently. I took it to a local car hand wash place and they managed to take a chunk of paint off the front bumper. I know, I know. I touched it in with clear nail varnish which did actually make it look much better (than it was). I felt sick when I saw it because it's affected what was otherwise basically flawless. You can live with it but if you want it to be perfect, that would need painting.

ndMwVlQ.jpg

The usual bits of the interior have paint chipping off, aka the dash cubby hole opener and both inside door handle bits. Nissan used like one speck of paint on these areas and you will see pretty much every Z has this issue. They'd be easily painted, I just never took the time to do this job. Some carbon wrap would be a nice touch.

Little noise from the exhaust sometimes as though it is loose on a hanger or something, just a little metallic noise. It's nothing but worth a mention.

EDIT: Spotted a little rip at the bottom of the roof near the driver door. Doesn't leak or anything like that, but it's there. Gutted :( - edit added 03/08/18.

Apart from that, it's just a great car, nothing to report. 

Z874ot6.jpg

More Blurb

Drives lovely, goes very quickly when you want it to, nice cruise when you don't. The 6th gear is very long so you can sit on a motorway at just over 2k and it's quiet and refined. The exhaust is the resonated one so you don't get that drone anyway.

The car would be cleaned within an inch of its life before anyone took it away. It looks really great when it's sparkling, it turns heads everywhere it goes. It's always clean anyway but I think anyone buying a car should drive away feeling like a King/Queen.

The best advice I was given with this car was to just leave it alone and that's what I've done. No big arches, no engine work, no lowering, no bodykits, nothing. You really don't need to start playing with these cars, they already look gorgeous and go like stink.

Z3ZPMZh.jpg

Tax

Yes, the 2006+ models are in the higher tax bracket. A lot of people see that and panic. You know what, I did too when I was looking for one. I initially disregarded anything over 2006. With advice from this owners club, I just chose the car I wanted and forgot the tax. The extra tax money is WAY worth it alone for having the facelift interior and exterior alone (IMO). If a bit of extra tax money is the difference between having this car and not, then it's probably not the right car for you, to be brutal.

i6zZgAZ.jpg

Summary

She is just a lovely car. Absolutely amazing example with the low mileage. Starts on the button, drives smooth, perfect idle, runs lovely, oil pressure as it should be, all of that stuff. This is the one when when you're looking for one, you hold out waiting for this one. It's the sort of car you will get pleasure out of every time you even look at it. Please ask for any pictures you require or any information I may have missed. I don't want to sell this car, I don't feel I have any choice or one day I'll end up retired still having to pay rent and nobody wants that. I will actually cry when someone drives this away and I'm not ashamed to admit it, I LOVE this car, it's my baby.

vxg4N3z.jpg

This shot was taken just at the weekend:

25Shu81.jpg

If you want to treat yourself to driving something special for the same price as a used Ford Focus, this car is perfect for you.

Looking for £6,300ono

EDIT: Given the little tear in the roof, now £5600.
Edited by Stevie-Boy
Sold

7 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Gorgeous car glws and lesson to us all, don't bring your beloved cars to roadside car washes. Do it yourself :)

Absolutely!! Worst thing is, cleaning it is a hobby of mine. My conservatory (oooOOooOhh) has a table with all my detailing stuff laid out. I gladly spend entire days on the car. This one time (at band camp) I got it done quickly on the way home and that happened. 

Annoyingly I did send the place a couple of FB messages to show pictures etc and they ignored me!!

Car still for sale, just wanted to clarify some items that will hopefully help anyone interested:

Tyres all brand new last week, brands are:

Rear Tyres 

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

https://www.morecambe-tyres.co.uk/TyreSearch/Details/784/Bridgestone+Potenza+RE050+24545R18

£135 per tyre

Front Tyres

GT Radial Sport Active

https://www.morecambe-tyres.co.uk/TyreSearch/Details/85424/GT+Radial+Sport+Active+22545R18

£90 per tyre. Interestingly, they charged me £105 per tyre, I'll be calling up about that!

I would have done Bridgestone all around but that's what they had on the day and they're still good brand new tyres.

Previous Owners at the point of the new owner taking the car:

1, Private Owner

2. Private Owner

3. Nissan

4. Private Owner (for 3 months)

5. Me

6. You????

Most of the car life has been with one owner.

Car has no rust, no HPI or recorded issues.

Will listen to offers, but she's a beauty so don't be toooo harsh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...