10th Birthday Present.

AK350Z

Bonjour!

Well now, here we are 10 years down the line together. I bought zeddy new a whole decade ago, and although only 33000 miles have passed under the wheels, heavily stacked in the first 6 years, we've seen a lot of things and seen a lot of changes too.

Early on, lots of club drives, a few life long friends made, and many pounds of super unleaded burnt. Later on, a month long honeymoon tour of Europe, early morning raids up to Hartside, and a couple of trackdays are the main interruptions to the general background of life getting in the way and a much reduced mileage.

Still, a decades sterling service deserves rewarding, so we took a trip down south to Horsham Developments for a big service, Uprev, and a 4 wheel alignment.

Service was completely painless as expected from Jez, the Uprev found another 10 horses, and the alignment sorted a niggly setup I've had for a few years when my lower arm bushes were replaced.

Driving away afterwards didn't feel like a new car of course, just that it felt renewed, and just a bit more sorted than before.

Visiting friends and family along the way it was 700 miles well spent, and a little scenic detour via Teesdale and Hartside on the way home was a fitting celebratory end to the trip.

Heres to the next 10 years!

Andy.

20180725_090713 (1).jpg

20180726_154257.jpg

Edited by AK350Z
  • Like 7

Car looks showroom fresh in that pic!

I too got my zed from new back in 05.

We should start a thread to see how many 350z owners who bought new are still on the OC with their Zed's.

People always told me how foolish I was buying new......how much depreciation I'd get hit with.

Sod em all.

Worth every penny.

I bet seeing your zed wearing its LMGT4s and Nismo kit in glorious red paint amongst a sea of new Mercs, Audis etc makes you feel the same.

Here's wishing you and your zed many more happy years together :thumbs:

oh yeah.... HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY to her too :lol:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Still looking great Andy, you took it to the Wales event one year if I recall correctly? 

Looks pristine, keep enjoying her :)

Think I did 4 Wales events, one wasn't in the Zed though as we were on a cycling trip.

51 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

Still looks mint all these years on. I’ve taken a liking to red as well now. Is that rosso red? Mine is chilli

Yeah, Rosso Red. Best colour blah blah... :D

2 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Car looks showroom fresh in that pic!

I too got my zed from new back in 05.

We should start a thread to see how many 350z owners who bought new are still on the OC with their Zed's.

People always told me how foolish I was buying new......how much depreciation I'd get hit with.

Sod em all.

Worth every penny.

I bet seeing your zed wearing its LMGT4s and Nismo kit in glorious red paint amongst a sea of new Mercs, Audis etc makes you feel the same.

Here's wishing you and your zed many more happy years together :thumbs:

oh yeah.... HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY to her too :lol:

Ah well, the depreciation has been pretty level for a while now.  Last time I looked I'd need about 10K+ to buy a replacement with same age and mileage. How many 10 year old cars are still maybe worth 30% of their new value?

Also every possible replacement has increasingly gone for turbo power, I rather like the NA lump. If I sold it, i'd have to take on something with considerably higher running costs, e.g. 911, V8 M3 etc, or, more likely, something simpler or stripped back like an Elise or a Caterham. Hell, I think id rather have the revitalized new MX5 over an entry level 4 pot blown Boxter. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Needs spacers :p

And a smaller aerial too if you want to be in the gang ;) 

I am not in the gang.

• Haha 1

Hi Andy

Good to hear from you again and kudos to you for not only keeping one of the best looking 350 Nismo HRs I have ever seen, but still in such great condition......but then again it always looked immaculate whenever we met up on the Wales drives etc :thumbs:  The LMGT4s really add the icing to the cake ;):D

Sadly, I had to let the 370 go in favour of 4 seats, but recently back to a 2 seater now :drive1:

Edited by Ebized

I'd of had last car just over 10 yrs now too, but joyriders made sure that didn't happen. I think it says alot about a person being able to keep a car for a much longer period of time than the average. Well done fella, you have an awesome car. The one Nissan UK will want to buy back for themselves one day. 

10 hours ago, AK350Z said:

Nice one Colin, much more your style than an uncouth hatchback! Didn't fancy one with the correct number of cylinders? :lol:

4  + turbo + two less driven wheels are plenty to keep me occupied, and with a whole host of creature comforts to make our more sedate (:innocent:) scenic drives these days enjoyable.  Sure we will up your way in the not two distant future, so would be good to meet up with you and Fran again :thumbs: 

7 hours ago, Ebized said:

4  + turbo + two less driven wheels are plenty to keep me occupied, and with a whole host of creature comforts to make our more sedate (:innocent:) scenic drives these days enjoyable.  Sure we will up your way in the not two distant future, so would be good to meet up with you and Fran again :thumbs: 

Tea and cake's on any time you want Colin :D

16 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Well done fella, you have an awesome car. The one Nissan UK will want to buy back for themselves one day. 

Don't think they'd want mine, its a non-gt aka the lightweight edition without the heavy stereo and powered seats :lol:

I have to say actually that the cloth seats have worn really well, could nearly pass for new.