Non Fault Claim

HRAB

I'm just messing around with quotes at the moment for when I renew in a couple of months. I'm having a couple of mods done so wanted to see what sort of difference that was making. 

The quotes were really inflated...even though I have now moved house and the car is secured in a garage.

I also had a minor non fault accident last year, didn't lose my no claims. Has anyone here had any experience of how/if the a non-fault claim has effected their premiums?

Insurance is a funny old thing (read as bizarre/ball ache & complete rip off). :dry: :lol:   

Have you moved to a "better" area? Even though a nicer area there may be more car crime.

Having the car parked in your garage should be good though but you never know. Insurance can be higher having your car parked on your own driveway nowadays than on the street due to the rise in house burglaries specifically to steal car keys ~ the idea being if the car is on the street the thieves are less likely to know exactly which house the keys are in. Maybe similar for a car in the garage but I doubt it.

I had a non-fault claim on my insurance over a year ago and when I went to renew although I had to shop around I did find a quote cheaper than the year before so I'd say keep looking HRAB.

I'm guessing you've tried all the comparison sites have you? 

I had a totally at fault accident declared when I was driving someone else's car, and it didn't affect my insurance one bit. Then I had another non-fault claim a couple of years later, no change either.

13 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Having the car parked in your garage should be good though but you never know.

Insurance underwriter; "Hmmm, there's a direct correlation between the number of claims from people who crash into their garages and the number of people keeping their cars in a garages... yep, that's a high risk right there, load the premium!!

"...oh and the car is stored in a separate building out of view of anyone? Thieves can take their time to break into the car then. Yep, load it up again!!

"...hang on a second, if the car is in the garage, the thieves know which house the keys are in. Yep, high risk, we'll stick that loading on top too!!"

All genuine excuses reasons insurance companies have given for garages increasing premiums.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

When you're ready if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks Dan. Will give you a shout when the time is nearing.

• 3 weeks later...