Mishimoto Fan Shroud Install

JoeK

Hi guys, need to get a new fan shroud fitted to my 350z DE, so I will be going down the Mishimoto route. I have looked into some installs and everyone seems to be removing the stock fans out the top but having to remove the top coolant hose, is there a way of removing the stock fans without messing with the rad hoses so I haven't got to bleed the system? Time sensitive so I don't want to have to bleed the system if I can avoid it?

Thanks guys!

Edited by JoeK

You won't lose much at all, it won't need bleeding if you're quick. When I did mine it was airbox out, disconnect top hose from radiator & bend it up out of the way, I only lost a bit from the rad, maybe cable tie a nitrile glove or small bag over it? I also removed (or loosened, can't remember) the bracket holding the A/C lines in place. I had read it can be removed from underneath too, but I didn't do that as the bolts were breaking the plastic undertray. A very simple job to do.

I had mine out recently and wanted to avoid breaking into the cooling system too but in the end I couldn't see it being possible.

I used the same method as above, although I think I took my engine cover off as well to make a little more room.