New remap/flashing option - FREE AND OPENSOURCE

stirkac

Hey everyone,

RevUp software being one of most popular mods to do on a Z, few people decided to reverse engineer Nissan ECUs for the benefit of community. I don't know if anyone heard about it yet, but there is a tool called Nisprog, which enables you to dump and flash your own maps for free. Kind of what Subaru or BMW guys of the early 2000s have, rarely anyone uses paid products to do remapping.

The project is still in early days so you don't get as many options as commercial software for now, but anything is possible in the future. You can change most engine parameters or flash ROM from cruise control enabled car to get your switches working.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, please have a look here http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=14867, where I've compiled a small tutorial.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to dump my rom today and had a quick look at the rom file in RomRaider, looks good, but not changing anything! Need more time to experiment with the software.

Posted a question over on their forums as I have a slight issue however, but waiting for my post to be approved

Has anyone developed a good throttle map? Should be pretty universal, making it a great, cheap mod any owner can do without the cost of a full remap. Really tempted to get a cable and have a play.

Would someone mind sending me a copy of their ROM so I can fiddle?

There are some throttle tables, so (if you understood what you were looking at) it should be pretty easy.

I dont have my ROM on me ATM as im it work, but i could upload mine when im home and i remember. Its not a base map though as i have an UpRev tune on which i assume is listed/set on those tables too.

• Like 1

I understand MoTeC throttle tables, so it depends how different it is, but should hopefully all make sense.

I'd assume the PID gains are locked away and shouldn't need to be messed with if Nissan have calibrated it properly.

From reading the UpRev tuning guide, the throttle has a "master" non-linear calibration, and then changing the x-axis values in those tables just scales the throttle against that curve, presumably with different tables for each gear if my understanding of the standard 1st - 3rd reduction in sensitivity is correct.

I believe the restrictions were a myth. It was later cleared up to just be a case of less aggressive throttle curves in 1st - 3rd, but with 100% accel still being 100% throttle.

I think a friend has an OBD!! cable, so I'll see if I can borrow it and get a stock ROM to compare against.

• Like 1

@stirkac - In Nisprog, once you connect is says something about the command "DTC" and something else to be able to see live stats and view any trouble codes, but whenever i issue one of those commands its not recognised. Is this a missing component of the source youve compiled or am i just doing it wrong?

Edited by cs2000

Hmm I never used this feature - what I am guessing you are trying to interface with freediag (a subtool, with which nisprog shares some logic). What are you trying to accomplish? There may be better tools for OBD data display/logging...

Just an all in one thing in my car :)

I have a small windows laptop (netbook style) in my car all all times with the nissan service manual PDF's, the programming software for my 2 step launch control, Consult III software and now this Nisprog and romraider software. Just thought if i could use nisprog to do any fault clearing/OBD2 reading stuff it would be cool. I know theirs other software out there that can do that of course.