FK1000P vs Gyeon WetCoat

luka761

Hey gang,

Just bought my new car and am taking on a road trip down through Italy and to Croatia (dust & high temperatures!). Unfortunately due to awkward dates I haven't been able to book with an acceptable detailer to do a ceramic coating on the car which would have been my preferred option. Instead I was going to protect the car for the month or so I'm away and then deal with properly when I get back.

Its a black car so little paint faults show up and I'm quite keen to give it the best protection I can.  I've got FK which I've used before but I've also been recommended some WetCoat which appears to be ridiculously easy to apply. So, which one? or even both?

Thanks for the help

If you’ve got FK and you’re happy to apply that, go for that. It’ll last the month without too much trouble.

That said, WetCoat is so quick and easy to apply, gives a lovely glossy finish and will last a good few weeks on its own. It’ll also bond over the FK so personally I’d do both and guarantee seeing the month out easily.

• Like 2

Well that's easy enough, both it is!! Now I presume I buff up the FK after a multi stage wash as per usual and then what? Spray it again with water before applying the Wetcoat so its damp? Or can the wetcoat just go straight on the dry panel?

thanks buddy, you're a one-man detailing guru.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, luka761 said:

Well that's easy enough, both it is!! Now I presume I buff up the FK after a multi stage wash as per usual and then what? Spray it again with water before applying the Wetcoat so its damp? Or can the wetcoat just go straight on the dry panel?

thanks buddy, you're a one-man detailing guru.

I usually apply Wetcoat with the car wet. Can either use it with a sprayer or mix setting with a Karcher or simply stick a little in a bucket with some water and just once over the car with a wash mitt. 

Rinse off and watch that water fall off! - it’s superb stuff. 

• Like 1

Wetcoat works best when it's sprayed on (from the bottle as it's at the optimum dilution then) and then washed off with the pressure washer - it's the impact form the rinsing that activates it, by the way.

I've found there to be no discernable difference if it's sprayed onto a wet or dry car though. I wouldn't go the extent of drying a panel before applying Wetcoat, nor would I go to the trouble of rinsing it first either.