350z Insurance HELP !!!!!

rossmurray07

Hello everyone, i need some help. I am looking to purchase a 2006 350z in about a year year and a half. I would be purchasing it at the age of 18 and i can't find out if i will be able to get insured for it. I was just wondering if it would be possible to get insurance for it. I live in the UK in Edinburgh, if anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ross Murray.

Yes you will be able to get insurance, however, I would expect that the premium may be about the same monetary value as the car.

Perhaps adding another named driver (parent) on the policy may help reduce the premium.

Why don't you go online and get a quote?

You could perhaps be 18 years old for a few minutes just to get an indication of the premium.

I imagine you will be paying a very high amount (close to value of the car). 

It would be worthwhile considering a multicar policy with a family member or being a second named driver to bring the price down.

Unfortunately you are looking at a 3.5l V6 so it will inevitably be very high insurance costs either way. 

1 hour ago, ZMANALEX said:

Yes you will be able to get insurance, however, I would expect that the premium may be about the same monetary value as the car.

Perhaps adding another named driver (parent) on the policy may help reduce the premium.

Why don't you go online and get a quote?

You could perhaps be 18 years old for a few minutes just to get an indication of the premium.

Thanks i am currently on my parents insurance but only 17 i was going to wait until like the start of summer next year and i turn 18 in december this year so hopefully

Just now, Killick.z said:

*pretend

Just check out the usual's (Go Compare, Confused, Money Supermarket etc) but prepare yourself. 

what if i was on my parents insurance as a second driver would there insurance go up and mines come down ??

What car do you drive at the moment? And have you got much driving experience? 

Like the guys have said, you might struggle to find companies that'll insure you, or if they will the price might make you change your mind :lol:

Just now, Jack94 said:

What car do you drive at the moment? And have you got much driving experience? 

Like the guys have said, you might struggle to find companies that'll insure you, or if they will the price might make you change your mind :lol:

i drive a 2009 ford fiesta and i have drove from Edinburgh to Skegness to go on holiday and i have had about 4 months of driving experience 2 months as a fully qualified driver but i am not wanting to even think about purchasing the car until at least October 2019 i am only getting a rough idea of prices and if it is even possible

1 minute ago, Ekona said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

As Killick says, just use the GoCompareTheMoneySupermarket sites, put your details in and have a play. It’s as easy as that. 

alright but it says i need to put a car in i have put my current car in just now but what if i wanted to get a quote for a 350z if i dont' have one ???

15 minutes ago, rossmurray07 said:

i drive a 2009 ford fiesta and i have drove from Edinburgh to Skegness to go on holiday and i have had about 4 months of driving experience 2 months as a fully qualified driver but i am not wanting to even think about purchasing the car until at least October 2019 i am only getting a rough idea of prices and if it is even possible

I don't think it's a very good idea to go straight from a fiesta (small, powerless, fwd hatchback) to a Zed (big, powerful, rwd sportscar) though. I did something similar when I was 18 and inexperienced, and it ended badly :lol:

If you're dead set that's the car you want then between now and then I'd seriously consider somehow getting some time behind the wheel of a rwd car with a fair amount of power. A Zed will easily catch you out if you don't know how to handle it. 

Also if it's going to be your car and you're going to be the one that's driving it most of the time then the policy needs to be in your name with you as the main driver. 

By all means add family members as named drivers though, that'll probably make a big difference. 

If it helps, i'm about to re insure my 370. Just out of interest i added my 20 yr old daughter. Surprisingly it only added£9!

Sadly the 9 was in front of my quote of 343.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, rossmurray07 said:

alright but it says i need to put a car in i have put my current car in just now but what if i wanted to get a quote for a 350z if i dont' have one ???

How can you not figure out how to use price comparison websites!? :lol::doh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rossmurray07 said:

Just find one on Auto Trader that you would be 'intending' to buy and use that reg or you can usually just generalise and pick a make/model/year etc.

4 minutes ago, N1ck said:

If it helps, i'm about to re insure my 370. Just out of interest i added my 20 yr old daughter. Surprisingly it only added£9!

Sadly the 9 was in front of my quote of 343.....

:lol:  

Edited by Killick.z

Basically try all different comparison sites (e.g. confused.com, compare the market, uswitch etc) and, as the guys were saying above, put in details as if you were 18 to predict what sort of quotes you will get when it comes to buying/insuring a car. 

I was 18 when I bought my z and I may have gotten lucky with insurance, but I did wait until my 2 years no claims as it obviously helped with premiums!

Good luck to you :)

16 minutes ago, reeceybeaney said:

Basically try all different comparison sites (e.g. confused.com, compare the market, uswitch etc) and, as the guys were saying above, put in details as if you were 18 to predict what sort of quotes you will get when it comes to buying/insuring a car. 

I was 18 when I bought my z and I may have gotten lucky with insurance, but I did wait until my 2 years no claims as it obviously helped with premiums!

Good luck to you :)

May i ask what you paid for your insurance at 18 ?