About to buy a HR

Kryptek49

Hi, I'm about to buy an HR and just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything.

The car is a Black 57 plate - GT with frost leather seats - 95k miles.

Bodywork and interior is in a good condition - usual stone chips on the front & interior plastic wear.

Modifications:

Uprev mapped @ Abbey Motorsport

Cobra non-res exhaust

Miltek Y pipe

Repair history:

Clutch, flywheel & slave cylinder replaced@ 77k

Gallery gaskets replaced

Full service history
Banana arms replaced last year

Brakes are all in good condition, tyres are Goodyear eagle f1 asy 3s with good tread left

The agreed upon price is £8,150.

Does this seem about right for a car of this mileage?

Although the mileage is fairly high from what I've read these engines are pretty solid, and as the clutch has been replaced there shouldn't be any major repairs within the next 50k miles

Thanks

Sounds like a fair price to me plus a bit of a bonus on the replacement of the gallery gaskets and clutch. I've not heard of any other issues that may require attention at that mileage other than a full belt, spark plug and fluid change if that hasn't yet been tackled. 

I'd suggest you're in for some worry free driving.  

22 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Not a massive fan tbh! Tempted to swap them for some Alezan leather ones

Thats why they are rare, noone liked them.

I had the Alezan ones in my Twilight Grey HR and they looked awesome. The gearknob however looked like it had done 80k miles when the car had only done 20k. They didnt wear well.

Given your location it would be good to see you at our next South East meet in Kent which I will organise for September. Welcome with or without a z. Good luck with your search. Always good to consider forum cars as above as they are well known on here.

3 hours ago, BLINDS122000 said:

My HR is for sale if you wanted to take a look

Thanks for the offer - I'll stick with this one though. 

1 hour ago, Payco said:

Given your location it would be good to see you at our next South East meet in Kent which I will organise for September. Welcome with or without a z. Good luck with your search. Always good to consider forum cars as above as they are well known on here.

Sounds good - hoping to pick the car up within the next 2 weeks so should be about for that.

The car is actually from a forum member - just not quite at the 100 post mark to list on here

37 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

Thanks for the offer - I'll stick with this one though. 

Sounds good - hoping to pick the car up within the next 2 weeks so should be about for that.

The car is actually from a forum member - just not quite at the 100 post mark to list on here

No worries. All the best with new car