Advice please guys, hooning issues

danielb186

Hey guys, so I have a 2004 350z, It didn't come with cruise control, can anyone recommend a decent tuner in the northeast to flash the correct software onto my ECU? (I have all the switches ready) 

Also, I have been looking into the TSC and ABS delete now I've figured out that the "G sensor" under the center dash controls the TSC so I need to add a switch to the earth so I can turn it on and off is that correct? The other Thing I'm struggling with is the ABS, now I'd really like this on a switch (I have my reasons why I'd like it this way) but the only way I've seen how to do this is the multi fuse near the battery, people have said add a switch through that but I'm unsure how that would work? Any advice? 

Thanks in advance. =D

Edited by danielb186

Not sure on the difference between years, but there's a connector on the ABS module (near brake fluid res) that you can unplug to disable all stability aids. Install an inline switch into one of those wires and it should sort you out.

10 minutes ago, OnlyAfro said:

Not sure on the difference between years, but there's a connector on the ABS module (near brake fluid res) that you can unplug to disable all stability aids. Install an inline switch into one of those wires and it should sort you out.

This is accurate for an 04 - I have one and have done this a few times.

or just do what the @The Chubby Ninja suggested to me on my first drift day and just unplug it when you want to hoon and plug back in when you want to be safe. 

27 minutes ago, OnlyAfro said:

Will this disable everything? TSC,VDC and ABS or will I need to do the yawn switch as well? Also any pictures so I know what I'm looking for?

Yeah it turns everything off. 

I'm not sure which one is the ground but im sure you could test it with a multimeter. I don't know about your driving or car use but you could just leave it unplugged? 

I had a look can someone advise me which plug it is? I think its the bottom one in the first picture? Also its connected to a metal bracket with very little access any idea how to get at it?20180721_171550.jpg.715ba2410e2af62dcd50f58d6885c6a2.jpg

20180721_171559.jpg

20180721_171559.jpg

Edited by danielb186

Huh, what year is your car? You appear to have facelift wiring, facelift bumper, but pre-facelift headlights. It's easier on the original DE, cos there's only 1 connector there.

As for which connector, I've never touched that block of 3, but unplugging the light grey connector in the first pic brings up the ABS, VDC and slip lights on the dash. Haven't tried the darker grey connector next to it, but it might work, try and see what happens - I just guessed and pulled one, but that doesn't mean it's the right one.

Alternatively, unplugging the cylindrical black connector from the big metal ABS block itself also seems to work.

@Lurch @OnlyAfro hey guys so after I've disconnected that plug and all the lights came on i tried to do a sitting burnout.. It didn't go well :doh:I reved the car up to about 4.5k dumped the clutch went straight over to the brake, and the car just bogged down and tried to stall. I tried using less brakes but still does the same thing. :shrug: Is there something I'm missing??

Burnouts are a different matter I believe.

Even with all driver aids disabled, the ECU cuts power if it detects simultaneous brake and throttle unless you pull the brake light fuse.

Can't remember if there was a workaround without losing brake lights or whether it can be mapped out.

Just the light grey one, after all those lights came on i assumed I got the right one didn't realise about the burnout issue. I will wire that light gret plug to the traction control switch in the car, then Ill add another switch for the brake light fuse and hope that solves my issue. :)

1 hour ago, OnlyAfro said:

Even with all driver aids disabled, the ECU cuts power if it detects simultaneous brake and throttle unless you pull the brake light fuse.

Can't remember if there was a workaround without losing brake lights or whether it can be mapped out.

Just remembered that this is exactly what the ARC burnout licence (optional extra as part of the remap) does.

Edited by OnlyAfro

Got curious and unplugged the dark grey connector as well as the light grey - made no noticeable additional difference.

However, if you leave both those grey connectors in and instead unplug the black cylinder (highlighted in blue below) that I mentioned before, you still get the ABS / ESP and skid lights, implying they are all disabled, but you don't get the parking brake dash light ((!)) permanently on.

Benefits:

- That black cylinder is much easier to access and unplug / replug and has less wires, so choosing a wire to switch is easier

- The parking brake dash light is also used to indicate low brake fluid, so you will keep that warning should you get low for whatever reason

- No red lights on the dash 

uOonFKH.jpg?1