Setting up a new European rally

Hey all

So I'm looking to setup a new European rally and was wondering if I can get your thoughts.

If you guys n girls have 10 mins to spare I'd really appreciate you filling out the following questionnaire.

https://goo.gl/forms/G6OJuFR0R47V6jII2

You don't need to submit any personal info - the questionnaire is purely to see the what people look for from an organised tour - and identify what can be improved on.

Feel free to skip the first page - this is just a little info about myself.

Thanks in advance and please forward onto any fellow car enthusiasts who are not in the forum.

Hey man, just filled out the questionnaire for you. Having been on a few rallies myself I must say they are fantastic. But only if done/organised correctly. If I were you I would plan for next year, they really do take a lot of organising especially if there are 20+ cars going so its best not to rush it. Research is your friend, you want to pick nice hotels but ones that are easy enough to get to at the expected time of day. For example, aiming to get to a hotel in the centre of London at 5pm is going to result in alot of sitting idling in traffic etc.

Typically people would expect to pay one fee that includes everything except fuel, tolls and food etc. Any activities would ideally be included in the rally cost along with accommodation and any entry fees to any events you are specifically going to for example the Geneva Motorshow. Behind the scenes wise it is always a good idea to have a deal with some sort of legal beagles for 24/7 contact and advice in the event of any speeding or police related matters. Possibly a bare bones European recovery assistance which may be included in any public liability insurance.

I expect you have already thought of all of this anyway but thought Id mention it. If you want any more advice etc then my all means give me a shout via PM and we can have a chat about it, always happy to help out mate if I can.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

great, thanks guys, and appreciate the thoughts and comments. Yes totally agree with the time required to organise...and yes I'll be aiming for next summer, rather than this summer.

However I will be organising an informal Welsh rally, for this year (mid-september and last drive out of the year for those who store their cars during winter) if you guys are interested. Basically something where I take care of organising the routes, and hotels only, with a very small additional fee for me to cover PayPal fees to receive payment and book the hotels. This would be very small numbers due as its more of a test run for myself, with anyone coming on the tour, benefiting from not having to worry about the organising of it all. Anyway will keep interested people in the loop. 

• Like 2

Yeah I could be interested in that mate, if you want to PM me I already have a couple of Welsh routes planned out depending on how long you wanted to make it, 1 day 2 day 3 days etc. Also have ideas for activities and lunch stops during the day. Give me a shout if you want any input as its pretty much all sorted apart from dates. I have researched hotels and car parks that are both big enough but also not too steep to get in and out of for those that are lowered.

I dont mind if you want to use the entire trip plan mate just let me know. :thumbs:

Yeh I'm actually thinking 2 nights stay (Friday morning drive out from cheshire (oulton park) - and two nights stay at two different locations.

I've got the route all planned out - but if your happy to share the routes then sounds good too. Activities also I have a few points worked out, but more ideas the better :)

Dates I was thinking 14-16th Sept (more to do with cost and availability - due to not much time left before weather turns. Anyway I've just finished the website and will be set to go live for tomoz - so let me see how what response I get, then if your still interested, we can compare notes etc.

Anyway will PM you in next couple of days - and we can take it from there. I'll send you the link to my website tonight.

Hey Erni, just thought I'd send you the link for my website - let me know what you think and if you know anyone else who might be interested - please forward on.

www.theblackrunrally.com

Hoping to run the Welsh run in sept if I get enough takers... at the moment I'm just charging cost only, to see how it all works out.

I'm going to do a trial run of the route anyway towards end of this month - if I can fill up the 7 slots. So if you and anyone else interested to tag along, your more than welcome - but anyway I'm wait and see what reaction I get over the next week to the website before setting a trial run date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just went and filled this form in.

There was some discussion about a Euro run when we were at TRAX.

I've done a few rallies before in the UK and Europe, with a few people for the forum, 650miles in two days to go down to Wales to a show James organised and with Nic to europe.

I'm not sure I'd want to be on a big rally, the best ones have been less than 15 cars and sensible/remote enough to avoid police attention.

Yeah luckily we have managed to get a nice little group together of like minded petrol heads 

I'd keep your groups small and vet people a bit carefully I've done big rallys and the attract the law and them come down hard on you to make a point.

Good luck with your tours tho there's a marketfor small well run trips for sure 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've done hundreds of bike tours through Europe and North Africa (Morocco). I've been on guided tours where companies have organised them, but over the last 5 years I have organised bike trip's for close friends all over Europe and Morocco. If you want any help I'd  be happy to assist.