Infiniti in nxt 3-5yrs? Residuals, Sales, Brand etc

hmale4yu

A little bit of out the box but what are your thoughts on the position of Infiniti in the next 3-5 yrs?

On a global level they will be shifting to electric vehicles. What does that mean for the current Q60 which I have yet to see on UK roads. Do you think that these will dramatically drop in value around 2020?

I heard a rumour of them pulling out of the UK market but then saw this

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/infiniti-chief-weve-poured-millions-uk-wont-quit-anytime-soon/145879

Risky future purchase perhaps re the Q60s? 

Infiniti claim styling to be their main selling point which interestingly I believe Audi are now struggling at with newer models & facelifts being a bit too evolutionary (I think they really nailed it around the late 2000s/early 2010s and since everyone has copied them). Mercedes do look v showy but this is almost negated by the fact that they seem to be so common esp in todays age of financing cars  

I'm hoping they do drop... cos despite the woeful steering, I wouldn't mind taking a 'cheapish' 400hp, AWD, auto/paddle set up in the 3.0 Twin Turbo lol

I'll further add to that... I agree with the styling thing, some of the older stuff got updates and when you got to know it they looked not bad, Q50 is prob one of the better looking saloons in a decent spec, Q60 is fine with the odd quirk. They do, as a brand, need to sort some stuff out. Simple stuff such as being usually worst in each cars class for fuel economy and tax etc. These are things the mainstream buyer wants. Even just to get equal if not just better than the usual BMW, Audi, Merc etc

The cars are starting...if ever so slightly to get the line up sorted as they did have a wiff of not knowing what they wanted to do with the brand/segment cars they produced. From the 5 years experience I had with the Glasgow dealership they are good and do go the extra mile and I would happily return.  It would be good to see them grow a bit more, I don't think they should give up just yet as the article states. Its just hard to try and pull people away from the main items they are used to ...the Germans. From having loads of courtesy cars from various specs (minus the Q30...which I hated some of the ergonomics on) I wasn't sure at first but then started growing to like the cars, the Q70 for example in its big spec, has a good presence on the road, I think looks not bad simply as its not as dull as the German rivals.  The Q60 got raved about in other countries for its styling so I sometimes wonder what stops people buying... other than wanting the mainstream and perhaps some of the running costs.

Edited by AMT

The Q60 is suppose to be the platform for the next Z. Nothing has been announced regarding the Q60 S black they showed as a concept a year ago. Its going to be tough. UK is a very sheepish market where people tend to buy cars because their mates bought it or ssomeone else has it lol. Not an overly individual market like some places Ive lived in.

It would be good if they released that concept they touted. As for their other cars I cant comment.......I would be interested in a Q60 S coupe with 500BHP AWD V6. But whether they would release it in the UK is another thing. How many people would buy it. Especially if its £46,000+ with the alternatives on the market.

I lived in California and in Nigeria, UK is the first country ive seen where you could be in traffic and see 4 of the same car go by you in a row and theyd all be the exact same models or similar colors. The lack of individuality and ability to think outside the box or try something new is prominent here. That affects brands like infiniti a lot. People are also not buying into JAP market as they used to. In America JAPS are still selling very well...a lot of young people drive them there.

• Like 1