Silverthorn's MB 370z GT

Silverthorn

5 hours ago, sipar69 said:

I think you'll struggle to source a mk1 Nismo rear bumper. 

Some jerk dented my rear bumper when I had a mk1 Nismo and it needed replacing. The body shop made enquires about a replacement, but because the mk2 had been released it was going to be a long wait and cost an absolute bomb for a Mk1 bumper. I went with the mk2 instead. It was a lot cheaper and immediately available.

Yeah that seems to be the issue I'm having. I'm not too fussed about a lead time, I just can't seem to find anyone who sells them. Even speaking direct to Nissan is next to useless! 

I'll hang on for a few months and keep trying to find one either new or used from a Nismo which has been crashed, otherwise the mk2 may be the way I'll have to go 

Mk2 Nismo front bumper and SPC rear toe bolts ordered :D I'll be ordering the TS rear spats as a temporary improvement for the rear bumper until I can get a mk1 Nismo rear sourced. Somewhat tempted to get one imported through Z1, unless I can get hold of one second hand or through Nissan when I pop down to their HPC on Saturday...

EDIT: Just had my quote back from Z1. The mk1 Nismo bumper, fitting kit, postage and import tax brings the cost to about £1000. Including painting this will then be around £1200.... Potentially an option but definitely more than I wanted to spend! Fair to say I'll be giving it a miss for a while and trying to get one second hand!

Going to be ordering the RT performance duckbill wing this week also. Does anyone have any experience with these? How good is the fit?

I have fitted a few aftermarket fibreglass parts before so I'd like to think I'm relatively capable for the installation. However, if it turns out the fitment is pretty poor and will require a bunch of work then I may put it on hold until I can get a professional to undertake the job.

Any help with the above would be appreciated.

Cheers :thumbs:

Edited by Silverthorn

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my duckbill wing from Nic over the weekend. Cheers for that @nissanman312 :thumbs:

Also picked up my Nismo front bumper from Nissan in Bristol. Both now dropped of at Bodyworx for them to be prepped and painted! I'll be dropping my car of next Thursday for the bumper and wing to be fitted. Collecting Friday lunchtime!

I've also got some Neodymium magnets to put behind the front bumper and on the back of my front plate so that there are no physical fixings holding my plate on, making it nice n easy to pull off for shows etc.

Gel resin plates and 'Super Black' Z badges also ordered!

It's coming along nicely :D

• Like 2

It's fair to say that you definitely need aftermarket toe bolts when going quite low on a 370... :doh:

Bought these tyres 3 weeks ago and went for an alignment straight afterwards. I was told the toe bolts were seized so ordered some SPC ones. In the time it's taken for these to arrive and be fitted the tyres are absolutely ruined!

IMG_20180830_082229.jpg.541f13306c692eb281dd0c63d5e9f8dd.jpg

@Bry it was horrendous mate. I wouldn't have driven the car at all if I had the choice, but being my only car I still had to use it to commute to work.

Every time I hit a bump the back of the car would squirrel about all over the place! Not a good experience whatsoever 

The new bumper and wing are finally fitted! I love it! So much better than I could of anticipated... :wub:  

Also fitted a set of 15mm spacers on the rear and lowered the back by about 5/10mm.

Now just to get it properly cleaned ready for Forge at Castle Combe tomorrow! 

IMG_20180907_112839.jpg

IMG_20180907_112859.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silverthorn said:

The new bumper and wing are finally fitted! I love it! So much better than I could of anticipated... :wub:  

Also fitted a set of 15mm spacers on the rear and lowered the back by about 5/10mm.

Now just to get it properly cleaned ready for Forge at Castle Combe tomorrow! 

IMG_20180907_112839.jpg

IMG_20180907_112859.jpg

Looks great mateB)

@valy Thanks mate! Over the moon with it! By far one of  may favourite things I've done to the car. But it definitely needs a set of DRL's... Looks a tad unfinished at the moment :dry:

Although i can't help but feel a nice set of RS1 carbon front wings and Seibon carbon bonnet would make it that much nicer! B) This Zeditus thing is hurting my wallet! :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silverthorn said:

@valy Thanks mate! Over the moon with it! By far one of  may favourite things I've done to the car. But it definitely needs a set of DRL's... Looks a tad unfinished at the moment :dry:

Although i can't help but feel a nice set of RS1 carbon front wings and Seibon carbon bonnet would make it that much nicer! B) This Zeditus thing is hurting my wallet! :lol:

The spoiler went on no fuss then ?