Jump to content
ATTAK Z

NISSAN GT-R50

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Think I'd rather buy this...

 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/skyline-r34/nissan-skyline-r34-gtr-v-spec-1000ps-spec-t51r-spl-trust-2-7/8859268

 

Then buy a nismo gtr and a few Ferraris for that price

I would imagine anyone was has £800k burning a hole in their pocket probably has all of the above anyway, your into a completely different level of wealth if thats in budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This car marks the one occasion where a ridiculously expensive car is released, and all I want someone to do is to buy it, never drive it and tuck it up in a garage never to be seen again :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

This car marks the one occasion where a ridiculously expensive car is released, and all I want someone to do is to buy it, never drive it and tuck it up in a garage never to be seen again :D 

Luckily for you they've had some very firm interest from quite a few of the correct type of buyer so it looks very likely they'll build the 50. :D

 

Having seen the car in the flesh I can say that this is actually very pleasing on the eye. You can't appreciate it until you see it but there's lots of subtle lines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all those who'd like to see some poor quality pictures of random components of the GTR50 then please see below.  It's gonna be a beast!

 

 

IMG_20180714_163954__01__01.jpg

IMG_20180714_164233__01.jpg

IMG_20180714_164156__01.jpg

IMG_20180714_164217__01.jpg

IMG_20180714_164226__01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ekona said:

Quick, someone pass the industrial size eye bleach

 Why the eye bleach? There's not a  resized Beetle anywhere in sight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GranTurismoEra said:

woud you buy an R36 if you had a My17 GTR with 700 BHP from Litchfield etc already? hmmm

Money dependent, but maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

woud you buy an R36 if you had a My17 GTR with 700 BHP from Litchfield etc already? hmmm

Wouldnt that depend on the R36 when any details have been released, looks, spec, price etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant tell if its the gold that makes this look horrible to me or if it just is?

 

Are they all gold or are there any pics in other colours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't do it for me. Would love to have the looks of my Nismo 370z but with GTR power under the hood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Wouldnt that depend on the R36 when any details have been released, looks, spec, price etc?

if based loosely on the GT r 50....Assuming Similar 3.8 V6, updated interior and exterior not much else difference apart from Lighter kerb weight say 1650 KG, 700 BHP just like the R 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Payco said:

Doesn't do it for me. Would love to have the looks of my Nismo 370z but with GTR power under the hood.

I think thats what they are going for on the R36 but keeping the R35 DNA, i cant see them getting rid of the box shape completely. Look at the this R-50...I thought based on the vision 2020 they might opt for a more supercar look. Maybe they are testing the waters with the R50 and italdesign. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god, I hope not :lol:

 

So much fugly there. A stock GTR isn’t exactly pretty, that’s just rolling it in glitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

if based loosely on the GT r 50....Assuming Similar 3.8 V6, updated interior and exterior not much else difference apart from Lighter kerb weight say 1650 KG, 700 BHP just like the R 50.

I am not sure where you have got any of that, most of the speculation/talk is a smaller v6 with hybrid, design wise, well thats anyones guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RickyZ said:

I cant tell if its the gold that makes this look horrible to me or if it just is?

 

Are they all gold or are there any pics in other colours?

Currently this is the only one.  I had a good chat with the electronics engineer on the day and they had only finished building it on the Weds. All the other imagery you've seen previously is CG.

 

It's all CF so would expect a much lower kerb weight.

 

No actual stats available on the car due to newness, but the engineer believed it was actually in excess of 600 lb ft torque and should easily be sub 2 seconds 0-62.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ I would guess if they do produce the 50 and its a "special edition"" i doubt they would be doing colour to order imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

^^^ I would guess if they do produce the 50 and its a "special edition"" i doubt they would be doing colour to order imho.

I reckon at €900K you can have it any colour you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×