NISSAN GT-R50

ATTAK Z

14 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Think I'd rather buy this...

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/skyline-r34/nissan-skyline-r34-gtr-v-spec-1000ps-spec-t51r-spl-trust-2-7/8859268

Then buy a nismo gtr and a few Ferraris for that price

I would imagine anyone was has £800k burning a hole in their pocket probably has all of the above anyway, your into a completely different level of wealth if thats in budget.

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

This car marks the one occasion where a ridiculously expensive car is released, and all I want someone to do is to buy it, never drive it and tuck it up in a garage never to be seen again :D 

Luckily for you they've had some very firm interest from quite a few of the correct type of buyer so it looks very likely they'll build the 50. :D

Having seen the car in the flesh I can say that this is actually very pleasing on the eye. You can't appreciate it until you see it but there's lots of subtle lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Wouldnt that depend on the R36 when any details have been released, looks, spec, price etc?

if based loosely on the GT r 50....Assuming Similar 3.8 V6, updated interior and exterior not much else difference apart from Lighter kerb weight say 1650 KG, 700 BHP just like the R 50.

4 hours ago, Payco said:

Doesn't do it for me. Would love to have the looks of my Nismo 370z but with GTR power under the hood.

I think thats what they are going for on the R36 but keeping the R35 DNA, i cant see them getting rid of the box shape completely. Look at the this R-50...I thought based on the vision 2020 they might opt for a more supercar look. Maybe they are testing the waters with the R50 and italdesign. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

if based loosely on the GT r 50....Assuming Similar 3.8 V6, updated interior and exterior not much else difference apart from Lighter kerb weight say 1650 KG, 700 BHP just like the R 50.

I am not sure where you have got any of that, most of the speculation/talk is a smaller v6 with hybrid, design wise, well thats anyones guess.  

6 hours ago, RickyZ said:

I cant tell if its the gold that makes this look horrible to me or if it just is?

Are they all gold or are there any pics in other colours?

Currently this is the only one.  I had a good chat with the electronics engineer on the day and they had only finished building it on the Weds. All the other imagery you've seen previously is CG.

It's all CF so would expect a much lower kerb weight.

No actual stats available on the car due to newness, but the engineer believed it was actually in excess of 600 lb ft torque and should easily be sub 2 seconds 0-62.

On 19/07/2018 at 18:54, Jetpilot said:

I am not sure where you have got any of that, most of the speculation/talk is a smaller v6 with hybrid, design wise, well thats anyones guess.  

Possibly according to Alfonso Albaisa. But the Lead Engineer spoke at a meet and greet months back in manchester and said they didnt know if they would go with Hybrid because of the added weight. They are also more likely to keep the boxy shape according to that alfonso guy. But hey ho whatever they decide im sure there'll be a queue of people ready to buy...

Seems like they are undecided and speculation is flip flopping between hybrid and similar engine. Even 8 speed auto has been mentioned

I think they should go for a supercar shape. But i doubt they will change the box shape at all. 

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Possibly according to Alfonso Albaisa. But the Lead Engineer spoke at a meet and greet months back in manchester and said they didnt know if they would go with Hybrid because of the added weight.

Which is odd, considering they said that the reason the original R35 was so competent is because of the extra weight...