Nissan falsifying emissions tests

davey_83

Absolutely, they are all at it, its a case of when they get caught/whistle blown. There is no way an industry has progressed as it has, without each of the main manufacturers having spoken to each other about it and/or senior people moving from one company to another with this information.

After seeing Chris Harris try to drive the 718 Cayman in a way to meet the emissions figures quoted its all a bit of a joke anyway imho, look i know its not good (emissions etc) but at least make the targets do able and then all these manufacturers wouldnt have to cheat or falsify data!

Yet still no one seems interested (governments etc) in whats going on in the sky above with plane emissions :wacko:

Edited by Jetpilot

such a non story. besides, everyone knows that the NEDC test is complete rubbish anyways.

'oooh my Mitsubishi outlander PHEV does 135mpg!?! great, I can drive from London to Derby on one gallon of petrol!' Errrr, no. you can drive 20 miles on infinite MPG as you're using the battery, then the remaining 110 miles at 40mpg, like every other 2 litre diesel.

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

After seeing Chris Harris try to drive the 718 Cayman in a way to meet the emissions figures quoted its all a bit of a joke anyway imho, look i know its not good (emissions etc) but at least make the targets do able and then all these manufacturers wouldnt have to cheat or falsify data!

Yet still no one seems interested (governments etc) in whats going on in the sky above with plane emissions :wacko:

Exactly. Cash cows, money talks. We have the ULEZ coming in a couple of years which will be justified with environmental arguments (TBF which they are good arguments) but then at the same time they are building another runway at an airport in a densely populated part of west London housing 2m people but the environment argument conveniently goes away for that discussion. 

Because the aviation industry is on its backside and if the government whacked it now it would fall apart - motorists however can continue to take the hit, pay more. 

First thing I would be doing if I were genuinely looking to sort out city pollution is EVing buses and taxis