DIY wrap

Seijik

I've been meaning to post pictures of this since i wrapped it, was over 2 years ago now but better late than never! The colour is trenton blue i think, is a cast wrap by kpmf bought from mdp supplies. I've also put some bc coilovers on recently, had a custom exhaust, and new dba discs (which set the car off very nicely!) I also wrapped the calipers in a reflective blue wrap, that was fun....

Apologies for the average pictures, I'll get some better ones soon.

I also reconditioned the headlights whilst doing the wrap, and smoked the rear lights and front reflectors with a wrap film, new badges and plates to tidy it up too!

20180707_175404.jpg

20180707_175330.jpg

20180707_175347.jpg

20180707_175419.jpg

20180707_175432.jpg

20180707_175440.jpg

I spent a solid day doing the prep, cleaning all the seams, badges off, spoiler off, lights out and other bits of trim, then probably 3 pretty long days wrapping it. the first day was very slow though, measuring 12 times and cut once... a few mistakes were made, although no one has ever noticed them until I point them out! That time doesnt include the countless hours watching wrapping videos on you tube, I also bought some small amounts first to have a practice with. wrapping speed shapes seems to give you a good idea of what the material can and cant do. 

No I didnt remove any panels, the only thing that came off was the spoiler. The paint underneath was very good actually, I just fancied wrapping it! Big chips will show through a wrap, when I did my van bonnet as practice,the chips and rust spots were sanded and filled prior to wrapping.

Looking good so far! The only inlay I did on the front bumper was the center section which I did in black for a bit of contrast. Where the reflectors are there's just enough material to put a relief cut in and lay it down nicely. Just practice it lots with off cuts. And the rear number plate section had an inlay in the middle as it's way too deep, it is possible, but with all my testing it lifted within a couple of days doing it in one piece. 

And I think the wing mirrors were 3 or 4 pieces, they were the hardest bit to do!