General car prices

Jetpilot

After a thread the other day re opinions on a "whats it worth" 350z thread i was surprised to see they have taken quite a hit of late, a similar thread on the vx220 forum re values and after having my eye on gtr's over the last 6-8 months they are the same, i had a brief look at cars up to £75k on pistonheads last night and also seems a fair few cars that seemed very stable on price are also coming down.

So whats the general thoughts, is this happening across the board and a sign of things to come, or just simple age vs depreciation?

Whos going to be first to say Brexit, with little thought as to why property is booming ;)

Edited by Jetpilot

I’ve not seen much change at all, tbh. Anything I want is going up still, al the stuff I don’t is getting cheaper but it always has. I’ve not noticed 350s changing price at all, what are VXTs sat at now then?

• Haha 1

R8's are coming down dude, couldnt pick one up for under £40k 6-8 months ago :) now quite a few at £35k, over 10% is a fair drop in a few months and thats replicated in gtr's

Seems you can pick up a 350 for under £5k now when not so long ago it was just the odd dog at anything under that.

I have never really checked VXT but did see a vxr sell for £18k recently, needed a little tidying but a sound car and 2.2's are dipping.

I know its big miles, but shouldnt really be a concern on an Audi, but thats a lot of car for £30k  with relatively new engine!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-R8-4-2-quattro/163041467366?hash=item25f6075be6:g:lgQAAOSw7I5a9Yij

Edited by Jetpilot

6 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

R8's are coming down dude, couldnt pick one up for under £40k 6-8 months ago :) now quite a few at £35k, over 10% is a fair drop in a few months and thats replicated in gtr's

Seems you can pick up a 350 for under £5k now when not so long ago it was just the odd dog at anything under that.

I have never really checked VXT but did see a vxr sell for £18k recently, needed a little tidying but a sound car and 2.2's are dipping.

I know its big miles, but shouldnt really be a concern on an Audi, but thats a lot of car for £30k  with relatively new engine!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-R8-4-2-quattro/163041467366?hash=item25f6075be6:g:lgQAAOSw7I5a9Yij

Would that mileage really not concern you?

high mileage always scares me off with expensive cars. That is nice for £30k though. 

I would imagine the clutch and fly would have been done with the replacement engine, at least you would hope, set of kw's and the jobs a carrot, when you think people are buying and selling 370z nismos for not much less......:wacko:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

just saw a 370Z for £7500 on autotrader with 125,000 miles.......deal of the century or issues galore

That's less than I paid for my HR last month - looks to be in pretty good condition as well - full service history with no MOT issues - bargain