Plasti dip colour

monkeybrain1234

After seeing a few gold wheels on red cars recently (admittedly on Ferrari's). Really quite tempted to jazz up my 370 rays. 

Rather than getting them painted thought could give plasti dipping a go. Read threads on here saying it's easy, cheap and lasts. Perfect for a trial then. 

Cannot decide on on the colour. Open to suggestions too. 

Burnt Gold or burnt copper

Also does it look a little silly when the inside of the alloy remains silver?

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

HI mate, I had some spare time during the weekend so quickly photoshoped the colours onto your previous picture. Personally I prefer burnt gold! I think you will probably want to get some new lug nuts while your at it! :thumbs:

Burnt Copper.jpg

Burnt Gold.jpg

• Thanks 1

hi mate,you have to be a bit carefull when chosing to use the plastidip as the finish is usually matte,many of the pics you see online are also manipulated for sales

if you want to do a good job speak to someone in USA and get a wheel kit from Autodip ;)

A good colour combo, but sorry, needs a really decent wheel design to pull it off, nothing wrong with 370z alloys, but wrong design to pull off a bold colour imho! I concur with Payco, shadow chrome would look good :)

9 hours ago, shaun350z said:

HI mate, I had some spare time during the weekend so quickly photoshoped the colours onto your previous picture. Personally I prefer burnt gold! I think you will probably want to get some new lug nuts while your at it! :thumbs:

Burnt Copper.jpg

Burnt Gold.jpg

Thanks a lot fella. Really appreciate the effort here. However your effort has definitely made my mind up. I am not painting them gold or burnt copper!  

Bit too hey look at me with my funny coloured wheels. 

Your effort with paint shop has saved me a few hours and pounds. 

Genuinelly if I see you at a meet I owe you a pint. 

7 hours ago, Payco said:

Personally I wouldn’t gold with red on your car but it’s prrsonal choice. Shadow chrome would look nice and classy.

5 hours ago, valy said:

hi mate,you have to be a bit carefull when chosing to use the plastidip as the finish is usually matte,many of the pics you see online are also manipulated for sales

if you want to do a good job speak to someone in USA and get a wheel kit from Autodip ;)

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

A good colour combo, but sorry, needs a really decent wheel design to pull it off, nothing wrong with 370z alloys, but wrong design to pull off a bold colour imho! I concur with Payco, shadow chrome would look good :)

1 hour ago, reeceybeaney said:

I agree with the guys above, shadow chrome is subtle and classy! 

Not the best pic but shadow chrome alloys on a Z3M :thumbs:

IMG_3945.PNG

Thanks for input all. As mentioned above after seeing how they look I am not too happy with it. Also when I told the wife about it, she was like but you already tell me off for kerbing them, what's going to happen if a kerb these!!!!! Think I am fighting a loosing battle here. 

But thanks for input, I agree with you all, think I will happily leave them as they are. (When I get a red Ferrari I will get gold wheels then)! 

Bronze can work on red but gold and orange don’t look great. Interested to see the gold Ferrari wheels that got you interested?

Im in the process of getting wheels refurbed to go on my red g35- looking at gunmetal/anthracite at the moment, always works on red