350Z GT4 to 370Z Nismo

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

If things go well on Saturday I could be the proud owner of a 370Z Nismo. It's been a few years since I had to sell my 350Z GT4 and since then I've been driving a standard Ford Focus and as you can imagine, the driving experience isn't quite the same. Lol. 

One question I do have is about performance modding. Since the Nismo version is already performance enhanced, will mods such as a new exhaust system, HFC's, induction kit, etc be of any real benefit? I'm happy to just leave it as it is I am more into styling to be honest. But again, with the Nismo version looking as great as it does, I'm even tempted to not bother making any styling changes either. 

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

370 Nismo v 370 GT = negligible difference performance wise (I've owned both).  The main benefit  of the Nismo is better handling. 

HFCs and a CBE won't make a huge difference to performance, but will make the car sound a lot better. (The Nismo exhaust is better than the GT's but is still too quiet.)  

I don't personally think the Nismo needs styling enhancements.  It would be very easy to make it look daft by adding to it.

• Like 2

Bog standard Nismo with TORQEN High Flow Cats gained about 15 BHP, no mapping. See the dyno sheets in one of the photos here:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/exhausts/high-flow-cats/13861-370z-torqen-high-flow-cats-trq-vqhr-hfc.html

I'd do that at a minimum + EcuTek mapping (the traction control part it's absolutely awesome, but so many other features), swap the start button to a red GTR one and leave the rest as it is for a few months until you get used to it and you know the car's characteristics very well in terms of handling / performance. 

More about EcuTEK on 370z here: http://www.ecutek.com/Products/Trade/ProECU-Tuning-Suites/Nissan-Tuning-Suites/Nissan-370Z

Congrats, post some pics when you get her :)