Possibly selling...not 100%! What's the value?

iwanprice12

Unfortunately, having owned the Zed for 5 years, I am debating selling my 56 Plate Rev Up for something that has more seats...isn't set in stone yet but could be a possibility in the near future (I know I won't find a car with as much bang for buck as the 350z but wouldn't mind something similar).  Whatever achieved from the sale of the Zed will be used to purchase the 'new' car.  Current thoughts are - Focus St, Civic Type R, BMW 330 M Sport, Audi A-4 S line 3.0 TDI)

I have owned the car for the past 5 years - always looked after and work done to it as & when it has been needed. Having looked online, I am unsure what the value of the car is? I have seen the market plummet in recent times, considering what some cars are selling for. 

Here is the description;

56 Azure Blue GT 350z (Factory Sat Nav, Rays Wheels, Leather Seats)

Rev Up - 300 bhp

97k miles - serviced every year by myself, regardless of mileage (oil & filters changed)

Cobra Resonated Exhaust  - Y Pipe and Back box. 

HKS Panel Filter

Silver Sill Plates - optional extra

Pioneer Bluetooth Double Din   (Reverse camera as well but not currently working, will be sorted)

350z Genuine Front & Boot mats

'Z' Tonneau/Boot divider

M-Tech 350z Gear Knob

Bad Points

Some age related marks - dings & scratches

Rays Wheels could do with a refurbishment.

Stone chips on the bumper & bonnet. 

Some marks on the interior (door handles although they have been covered in vinyl), Plastics, Steering wheel. Just general use & wear and tear. 

Obviously it is difficult to place a value without any photos (will get them sorted within the next few days once it's been washed) but just looking for a genuine ball park figure of what I could achieve? 

Edited by iwanprice12

Hey, I'm actually looking for a Azure 350z at the moment and would be interested, currently waiting on the sale of my BMW though so need that to go first.

I'd say it's probably worth around £4.5 - £5k based on the current cars on AutoTrader

Thanks for the reply. If I'm honest, that seems a bit low for what I wanted (although as mentioned the market seems to have plummeted recently) as I have been offered £5750 with a Trade In. 

I'm not 100% when or if I will be selling but the likely hood is it will be over the Summer. 

23 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

On CAP retail is 8425 for 80k clean condition, so private sale 6500-6800 at a guess. 6 months ago CAP was showing retail 7950.

Thanks for the reply. If I’m honest, between £6250-£6500 I was thinking I would be advertising, if I was to sell. 

Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, iwanprice12 said:

Thanks for the reply. If I’m honest, between £6250-£6500 I was thinking I would be advertising, if I was to sell. 

Thanks again. 

Well there you go then!

I'm not being funny, but why come on and ask for advice when you already have a price in your mind that you'd be prepared to accept for it? At that level I can hazard an easy guess that you'd take £6K flat for it, so you just price accordingly. Start high and hope, then reduce if you need to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Start high and hope, then reduce if you need to.

Best way to do it - my figure of 5k is based on current Autotrader listings, but if he thinks the car is worth 6, list it for that and see if anyone's interested! 

33 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Well there you go then!

I'm not being funny, but why come on and ask for advice when you already have a price in your mind that you'd be prepared to accept for it? At that level I can hazard an easy guess that you'd take £6K flat for it, so you just price accordingly. Start high and hope, then reduce if you need to.

Was just wondering if it is a realistic price with the way the market is though? Not sure as haven’t seen many Rev Ups with 100k on the clock. 

I have a black one (rev up) with 120k and it's faultless. I paid 6k, for full service history and not a spot of corrosion. I got mine from a dealer. You've spent a bit on yours so I'd say 6k would be a fair price. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just gonna drop this here as food for thought...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=sponsored&radius=1500&postcode=ct161qs&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=NISSAN&model=ELGRAND&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.5

6+ seats with the DE engine. now you can continue paying a high fuel bill and treat all your friends to a 0-60 of 6.5 seconds :)

was looking at one of those for a 2nd car but struggled to justify doubling my fuel bill.

• Like 1