Neil's track day 350Z build (in orange)

vroom811

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As you may know, whilst you can turn traction control off there is no button for turning stablity control off (VDC).  Not usually an issue but if you track your Z like I do then it can sometimes do some quite frankly dangerous things i.e grab the brakes on a high speed corner.   Whilst there are a few hacks to disable VDC having a dedicate button to turn it on and off would be ideal.  Well, CS2000 on this forum made a kit and I wired it in.  Works a treat.   Here's a step by step guide on how I did it.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

Edited by vroom811
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

As it's lockdown and the weather is awful it was time to tackle the rust on the Z. So i've spent the last three weeks stripping everything off the car - suspension, sub frame, exhaust - to get good access to start the renovation.   Full video, as usual, below:

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

underside 1.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Yeah its garage in his back garden, think the buid is on youtube:teeth:

The video linked above is hosted on YouTube :lol:

I've watched previous vids, just couldn't remember whether it was his own personal garage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next job to tackle was the rusty brackets, nuts and bolts.  Watched the Binky video and saw them zinc plate theirs so thought I'd give it a go. The results weren't too bad!  As always full video of how I did it below.

IMG_E0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

Edited by vroom811
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst the car was in pieces I decided to replace all the bushings with polyurethane ones.  This includes all the front and rear suspension arms, differential and subframe.  The subframe ones were a partcualr challenge as some of you may already know!  Anyway, full video of how I did it below:

Edited by vroom811
  • Like 3

Ahhhhh bet you can't wait to get this out on the road, will feel tighter than your true love.

Lovely upload 

Re a replacement exhaust, I've had this toyosport system and on a budget it's very good.