Neil's track day 350Z build (in orange)

vroom811

17 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

Don't hold me to this but for something steel and non fragile like the W brace, you'd be fine tightening up the bolts with a ratchet. Can always drop a bit of loctite on the threads if you're worried about them coming out, but doubt it will go anywhere ;)

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

Wouldn't even bother getting the torque wrench out for that :lol: wheel nuts yes, engine bits yes, pretty much everything else no. Either it goes FT, or just enough.

For the W brace, I'd be going to FT spec.

Haha, not worried that I wouldn’t tighten them enough as I have a tendency to over tighten and break things :doh:so always prefer to torque stuff up correctly. 

11 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Interested in these tyres for my newly acquired 19' so will be keeping an eye on your review of the PS91's fella.

Cool.  Track day on Monday so my video review will be out in a few weeks.  Will post my thoughts here in the mean time.

• Thanks 1

I've not watched your videos yet but I sub'd, as I like to watch any channel working on the Z.

What are your intentions for the car, as in how far are you going and what sort of budget are you aiming at ? (apologies if you've stated it in the vid and already a track god!)

I can see at the moment it looks like you are rectifying logical, broken/old bits and pieces.

There are a few things I'd happily chip in with my 2p's worth (as I track my ageing motor) that I would have done differently to save time/money.

:lol:

21 hours ago, RobPhoboS said:

I've not watched your videos yet but I sub'd, as I like to watch any channel working on the Z.

What are your intentions for the car, as in how far are you going and what sort of budget are you aiming at ? (apologies if you've stated it in the vid and already a track god!)

I can see at the moment it looks like you are rectifying logical, broken/old bits and pieces.

There are a few things I'd happily chip in with my 2p's worth (as I track my ageing motor) that I would have done differently to save time/money.

:lol:

Thanks Rob.  I always appreciate a sub!

Next mod is a bucket seat. Something to hold me when on track but, as I still drive the car on the road for hours, it needs to be comfortable.   Not sure if to go down the harness route too at this stage.  I need to check if a harness is recommended for day to day driving fro a safety point of view.

Harness is better than a seatbelt, even in day to day use, in terms of safety as long as it's worn and mounted correctly. Basically if you can still breathe when wearing it, then it's not tight enough! :lol: 

Some may say that visibility can be limited as you can't move your head as much, but it's really not an issue at all. I've had harnesses in a few cars now, and whilst you can't reach the stereo as easily I never found any issues with visibility.

Fitted EBC Bluestuff pads, BSD discs, braided steel brake hose and flushed with racing brake fluid.  Here's a pic.  I think the BSD discs look ace. 

The latest video shows the differences between the stock 350Z brake setup and the EBC setup. 

IMG_9568.JPG

Awesome video again from the lads. What will help again with brakes, is when you have matching tyres all round :thumbs:

I really find the seating position and low scuttle helps place the car when driving quickly on track! 

12 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Awesome video again from the lads. What will help again with brakes, is when you have matching tyres all round :thumbs:

I really find the seating position and low scuttle helps place the car when driving quickly on track! 

Thanks mate.  Kumho PS91 tyres fitted all round now.  Will post my thoughts in a few days.

Agreed.  Great seating position, makes finding those apexes a joy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On this week's video I buy and fit a OMP ARS-R racing seat to the Z.  I visited GSM Performance in Nottingham and had a good time trying out all their seats.  I've managed to get a discount code for GSM which should get you 5% off most stuff:  RAR-GSM.

It's apparently a bit tricky to fnd a racing seat that fits a 350Z.  This OMP one just fits but does still rub slightly against the door car.

side.jpg

front.jpg

track.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1