Neil's track day 350Z build (in orange)

vroom811

Hi all!

I just bought myself a 2004 Z.  It's done about 74,000 miles.  My plan is to use it everyday but make it focused for the monthly track day.  There's a number of things to fix though!  First the emergency stuff:

Rusted W brace

Cracked and worn drive belts

Clutch pedal feels weird and is hard to find bite point

Gear knob is hard to get into 5th and 6th

interior.jpg

350z side crop.jpg

3qtr.jpg

glamour shot.jpg

• Like 2

Dude, I shared your 350z ep1 vlog and been a Sub since the Boxster S days!! Stick around and come to a few meets!! 

For the clutch pedal, swap out the slave cylinder and rubber hose as these play up after time. Updated clutch fluid is also a good shout.

#fanboy

Edited by davey_83

2 hours ago, vroom811 said:

Here's a video from my Youtube channel.  It shows an overview of the car and what I plan to do with it.  Took me about 15 hours to make so please let me know your thoughts!

Enjoyed that! Subscribed and looking forward to watching your progress. 

11 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Dude, I shared your 350z ep1 vlog and been a Sub since the Boxster S days!! Stick around and come to a few meets!! 

For the clutch pedal, swap out the slave cylinder and rubber hose as these play up after time. Updated clutch fluid is also a good shout.

#fanboy

Big thanks for that, really appreciate you sharing the link and being a sub for so long!

Liked the video and the direction you're going with this. But I had to dislike the video because I despise clickbait titles. It was nowhere near the cheapest in the country and probably not even the cheapest in your postcode, and you know it! You have good content, don't ruin it.

I also disagree with you on the comment about the seats not being supportive. I find them very supportive! Maybe you need some more meat on your bones to appreciate them.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

oof, did you watch till the end as Neil address the title.......

Plus no semi serious track 350z ends up keeping the OE leather seats, so either you're wrong about the what the owner wants from them or every track prep Zed owner is wrong......

If there's one thing Neil doesn't do is click bait. 

Oof, I think you'll find most people don't watch the end of videos. "Pleeeeease subscribe, donate, like, share, comment, check out my facebook, instagram." No mate, I close it as soon as I feel like the end of the video is remotely nearing.

Neil clearly does do clickbait because he knew the title was deliberately misleading but would pull in more views for being more edgy and shocking than 'I bought a fairly decent car and I'm going to modify it'.

As for the seats comment. Neil said "they're not very good on the road and on the track they're terrible". He's wrong. Just wrong. They're great road seats. I agree that for track use a bucket seat is way better, but I was never contesting that.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Plus no semi serious track 350z ends up keeping the OE leather seats, so either you're wrong about the what the owner wants from them or every track prep Zed owner is wrong.....

Andy James used his leather seats in one of the most focused and competitively used Zed on the forum up until recently, so thats a pretty sweeping statement, as dear old Ekona says, seats are very dependent on size and shape of owner, i had no issues with support with mine, but i guess the op does.

Good luck op, some good info on here, i havent watched the video but before i went near anything else i would get into some adjustable arb's, transforms the car imho.

On 15/07/2018 at 22:52, davey_83 said:

oof, did you watch till the end as Neil address the title.......

Plus no semi serious track 350z ends up keeping the OE leather seats, so either you're wrong about the what the owner wants from them or every track prep Zed owner is wrong......

If there's one thing Neil doesn't do is click bait. 

Thanks mate for defending me.  I appreciate it. 

• Like 1