Buying a 370 2010 - advice needed please

Chris1979

Hi all, new to this forum so hopefully this is the right place!

Im looking at buying a particular 2010 370z with very very low mileage but it’s a few hours drive from me. I managed to test drive a 2014 locally which I enjoyed but it was a relatively short run down fast country roads.

Id need to use the 2010 as an everyday car, is it suitable? Love the looks and appearance but read an awful lot of negativity in reviews around road noise and motorway driving in particular etc.

Currently drive a c class merc coupe amg sport plus which is very reliable and quick when it needs to be but the badge and look is getting way too common for me. Seems every other car on the road is Merc, BMW or Audi.

Any advice welcome - I hadnt planned to buy a car that’s actually older than mine but the look of the 370 is very impressive.

cheers 

The 370 is undeniably a noisy ride but you quickly get used to it. 

Reviews were almost universally positive when the car was first released but that's changed over a decade because the car hasn't really moved with the times.  

To be honest it's not an ideal daily driver - it's thirsty, visibility isn't great and tyres don't last long.  On the plus side, it's a great car to drive that will put a smile on your face every time you use it. They're rare and turn heads despite their age.  

Don't forget to budget for an aftermarket exhaust.  Even as a daily driver you won't want to stick with the weedy sounding stock system.

I think the suspension was tuned for the facelift (2013?) to make it a little more compliant for road use, so the 2010 may be a little more stiffer/crashy over the 2014 model you have driven so far.

I use mine all the time, had it 4 months and its done almost 4k - not bad for a 2nd car.