Track day video with my Z

Eigen

The Z really is a great handling car, however, as can be seen from the video my struts/shocks are on the way out.

Any recommendations? Been think KW V3, Bilstein or Ohlins..

However, I hear some have reliability issues with KW, Bilstein are more reliable but valved more for street, while Ohlins are nto TUV certified....

Any other brand with TUV certification that I am missing?

That looks like a nice circuit!

I ran Ohlins DFV's for a few years on an Mitsubishi Evo 5, fantastic suspension. Never known anything on road better at soaking up bumps and imperfections like they do. On track they do perform very well also but are limited by having single adjuster for compression and rebound. The KW's will offer 2 way adjustment but then just aren't as good dampers as the Ohlins are so there's pro's and cons.............I personally think I'd have the Ohlins over KW V3's every time.

If you haven't already, uprating the anti-roll bars, bushings and installing adjustable arms through out so you can have proper track geometry set up on the car will make a massive difference to the car's handling..........as much if not more so than just swapping suspension alone

Obviously its best of all to do it all!     

Yeah its a great circuit, used to be a Moto GP circuit in the old days, which is why it's so smooth. They just recently installed new tarmac, which is why I am driving it, avoided it in the past due its reputation as a tire shredder.

Suspension is more or less set with bushing and anti-roll bars, I've been putting off the coil-overs for two seasons now as I need the ride height, stock I am at the bare minimum to get the car up the mountain road to my summer house, which I enjoy greatly as the first section of the road is a great alpine hillclimb. However, the lack of dampening is causing notable chassis oscillation and instability requiring more steering input and decreased predictability at track speeds, so something will have to be done. Maybe i'll just buy a set of shocks, if I can't decide.

I am also an Ohlins fan and they would be first choice without a doubt, however, for some reason the 350Z coilover set is not TUV approved, which means I cannot get the mod approved at the local version of your MOT, this could lead to a massive fine and other issues down the road, something I would prefer to avoid, hence my dilemma.

No problem, HEADPHONES, thanks for watching! and replying :).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Yeah its a great track, definitely worth going to. Not too far for you UK guys either and its right next to the Adriatic and Croatia's beaches!

A stop by the Nordscheliefe, onto the Swiss Alp passes, a stop at an Italian circuit and a finish in Rijeka at Grobnik before retiring to a nice beach town further south. Now that would be an actual Gumball worth attending!

• Like 1