Fake HR on AutoTrader?

Kryptek49

Hi, 

I'm looking for an HR and this was recently posted on AutoTrader by a dealer: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807028049738?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

Am I right in thinking this is not an HR, but a Revup with a HR bonnet?

The dealer states "This is the face lift V6 300 model known to push 306BHP @ 6800RPM from factory. Not to be mistaken with a standard 350z. The raised/bulging bonnet is a dead giveaway." 

Also picture no. 42 shows an engine with only a single intake...

6 minutes ago, coldel said:

Dealer clearly has no idea what they are talking about and probably listened to whoever chopped it in and got done!

I'll remember that if I buy a DE and have to sell it, chuck on an HR Bonnet and part exchange it haha

10 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

Am I missing something? He’s not claiming it’s an HR?

The dealer states "This is the face lift V6 300 model known to push 306BHP @ 6800RPM from factory. Not to be mistaken with a standard 350z. The raised/bulging bonnet is a dead giveaway." 

1 hour ago, StormWhite said:

Is that not describing at revup? HR is 313, when I open it he calls it a 300 facelift 

Edit: the bonnet bit :doh:

i think hes removed that bit now

Edited by LRF4N
  • Like 1

Yes I suspect Paddy said it was the rev up and had added a bonnet and the dealer just jumped to a different conclusion? Dealer got it partially right i.e. its a rev up, but not because of the bonnet :lol:

That is indeed my old car. I'm actually quite sad seeing for sale... especially at £500 more than I paid for it 7 years ago.

Apart from using a bit of oil (Which is fairly normal for a revup) it is mechanically sound.

I has auto folding mirrors,  an uprev remap, HFC's and Nismo S-Tune exhaust. Just recently had the roof and sides painted as they had started to become a bit tatty.

All the other good bits are for sale in my thread! :p

I would have kept it if I had anywhere to store it, but sadly only room for one car on my drive. I've hardly driven it since I got my 911. :(