Rennen GT Wing for the Z

V1H

Met the people @Rennen GT at JapFest Donington with Kay's head turning MR2 and drop-dead gorgeous rear wing. Kay designed and fabricates this (universal) rear wing in house here in Essex.

When I told him about my strong interest in this wing he was keen to design a bespoke mounting solution for the 370Z (among other cars)! :)

Kay@Rennen GT is looking for a volunteer 370Z that he could use as test vehicle for a couple of days  for fitting purpose (with a considerable discount for the volunteer as reward).

Any interested people from London or around Brentwood, Essex? I had  immediately jumped in on the opportunity if it wasn't so terribly far away for me :dry:

RGT_1.jpg

RGT_2.jpg

RGT_3.jpg

RGT_4.jpg

RGT_5.jpg

RGT_6.jpg

1 hour ago, Kingsley said:

I’ll volenteer my 350z if they want to make a version for it, I’m very local. :) 

Cool! No doubt there’ll be demand for 350Z. Now we need 370Z coverage, too :teeth:

Love the racing inspired top-mount design. Don’t think there’s anything like it on the market. 

11 hours ago, V1H said:

Cool! No doubt there’ll be demand for 350Z. Now we need 370Z coverage, too :teeth:

Love the racing inspired top-mount design. Don’t think there’s anything like it on the market. 

Agreed, the top mount design is what wins it for me, looks even better in person! 

3E2CA3A4-3C1B-4D52-8692-49868F3E5949.jpeg

Personally I would rather have the original Nismo 370Z spoiler Rennan don't do it for me. In the last picture it looks to me like the base mounts are rivetted/bolted.

Also the top mount/spoiler fitment doesn't seem quite right as the gap has variance over the profile of the wing.

Too Ricer/tacky IMHO.

Edited by StormWhite

I don't want to take sides or defend their design details, but as I understood Kay last Saturday, the wing mounted to the show car was still a prototype, i.e. shaped with lots of filler rather than by using the now available mould. He also told me he'd still rework the mounts. I am hopeful the varying gaps up top will also be addressed in the final product.  

Edited by V1H