Hello I'm new here. 350z Owner. Why do people think it's a GT-R...

Hello, I'm Dom. I've looked at this forum a few times now. Then just now thought why not join, since I got my 350z last year. At first I saw it and thought hmm I like these. Then I bought it, Drove it home, then didn't want to get out. My last car was a Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo. Looked the part but was kinda cumbersome. So I went for a still kind of heavy N/A instead. lol But it's just so fun to drive and that exhaust note is amazing. 

The one I got was an ex write off cat D. Import with just over 60k on clocks. I got it for a fair price. The guy who sold it to me said he thinks it is a nismo. It's not, it's a pretty alright replica. I've been changing a few bits as I go, as I think that's what makes a car more personally your own and doing some maintenance. I remember first time taking the door card off and thinking wow that's pretty solid with a 100 nuts to undo. But it's the things like that, that are special I guess. (window motor replacement was needed) 

I'm really thinking of taking it on track days as I doubt I'll ever really gain on selling it with it's previous insurance write off. There's a dent in the rear quarter. I'll look into sorting that. But really at the end of the day I would love to take it round a track. Another reason for joining was to ask if any of you have had much experience with this. My main concern as well is the rims. I've got 20" on it at the moment. For track use they'll have to be swapped for something lighter (both weight and tire cost) Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. Going to spend some time looking through this forum now. :) hTFLydB-TX2IG32k1DLjkA.png

Welcome to the OC.

For track use you won't get better than the OEM Rays 18' rims.

Forged so are strong, lighter than nearly any other 18' rims let alone 20s!

Also 18 inch rubber will be cheaper than 20s.

I'm sure there was a 2nd hand set with tyres selling on here for a couple hundred quid.

• Thanks 1

Welcome along :thumbs:

for track use, as prev said, a set of 18” rims with semi-slicks, hi quality pads and treat it to a new oil/clutch/brake/gear/diff oils change with top quality high temp stuff and you will be at a good base.