marlboromick

Located in Notts. and looking to buy a 350z though with certain requirements:-

not convertible

white

body kit

5 spoke wheels [preferred]

lower road fund licence bracket

Any assistance appreciated.

Have owned twin turbo Mitsubishi 3000 GT for last 17 years but now frustrated at constant niggling issues keeping me off the road.

Always liked the look of a body-kitted 350 and no longer have need for 4 seats.

Seen one for sale with 'NATS immobiliser fault' rendering it a current non-runner but totally in the dark with this car type at present.

can reach me direct on mstzracing@sky.com

There isn’t many white ones around. The early white ones ( lower road tax ) were imports as far as I remember. Nothing wrong with imports though. Generally less rust on them. 

There was some white HR  models I think but don’t see them for sale very often. 

In basic form 

2002 - 2006 engine were a DE engine with lower tax bracket (276bhp)

2005-2006 a rev up version of the DE engine was introduced making a little more power (297bhp) some were in the low tax bracket and some were in the high tax bracket just depending on when they were first registered 

2006 onwards HR engine was introduced. (313bhp) I think I’m right in saying all of the HR models were in the high tax bracket. 

As i mentioned in 2006 when the new road tax was introduced the cross over ment some lower power cars were put in the high tax bracket so you need to check any car your buying to make sure you know which bracket it’s in if it’s around the 2006 era 

Paul 

Thanks for the info Paul.

From what I've gathered so far on a web page it seems that those registered from March 23, 2006 went into the higher bracket.

Pedantic I know but I intend to keep the car for many years ... 10 years [for example] means that at the £555 rate and plus the inevitable increases, that'll be £6k plus going to the rob dog tax man as opposed to, say £4k.

We all have principles of one form or another !

Like many of the taxes, 'road tax' has long since been 're-directed' or at least certainly not been spent on the roads around me !!!!

4 hours ago, marlboromick said:

Thanks for the info Paul.

From what I've gathered so far on a web page it seems that those registered from March 23, 2006 went into the higher bracket.

Pedantic I know but I intend to keep the car for many years ... 10 years [for example] means that at the £555 rate and plus the inevitable increases, that'll be £6k plus going to the rob dog tax man as opposed to, say £4k.

We all have principles of one form or another !

Like many of the taxes, 'road tax' has long since been 're-directed' or at least certainly not been spent on the roads around me !!!!

Yes I totally agree. All my 350z’s have been pre 2006 for this reason.  Wouldn’t mind if the roads were well kept but up my way they are a total mess.