My £4 cubby phone holder solution

HEADPHONES

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Insten-Dashboard-360-degree-Compatible-Samsung/dp/B00QGGBXP8

This desk top swivel base holder has a sticky pad to attach the base and a sticky pad for the face that holds the phone.

Phone holder

Phone holder

Rather than stick the base to the cubby floor and leave a message on removal, I cut a piece of cardboard until it fitted snug in the cubby floor but still could slide in and out.

Then I stuck the holder off center to this. 

Phone holder

For a quick fix I just used a marker to paint the card :lol:

Whole thing slides into cubby

Phone holderPhone holder

You can still close the cubby door.

My OnePlus 3 fits nicely in situ for tunes and Google nav.

2018-07-01_11-07-01

Now the reason for off center placement of the base is to allow easier movement of the swivel joint when charging.

2018-07-01_11-07-20

This is actually an old setup I've been using for nearly 5 yrs but never got round to posting up.

(Every year or so, the sticky pad loses it's stickiness as dirt builds up. At this stage you remove it and wash the pad with soapy water and rinse, dry and put back.)

But I checked and it's still available from Amazon.

Better cosmetic results by painting the card but I couldn't be bothered :p

So if your phone isn't too big for your cubby, this £4 holder may be a neat solution for you :thumbs:

Edited by HEADPHONES

Almost forgot.

The 3.5mm Bluetooth reciever I have plugged into my stereo is the neatest and most discreet I could find. You can see it in 2nd last pic.

Sound quality is good.

Been used daily for my 30 min commute to and from work.

Needs changing once a week.

I've had mine a few years already.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-KSMYJACK-Bluetooth-Receiver-Hands-Free/dp/B018G9FP4W

• 4 weeks later...

That's actually pretty functional. I like it. Had wondered myself about how to utilise that area for the phone.

My solution was to use a magnet on top of the centre console sliding lid and stick the phone to that with a magnet in the phone case. Functionally brilliant in terms of the phone never sliding away or dropping off but you can't really look at the phone when driving as it's down low.

Good job there mate. Instead of cardboard you could buy a spare cubby insert from a breaker and glue it to that. If/when you decide you dont want it in there or need the space just swap it out for the original...et voila...no visible mess.

I might look at this route for mine as I bluetooth my phone to my headunit and use spotify. Would make for easier and safer control of my playlists. At the moment I can only change playlists when at traffic lights...and you tend to find many traffic lights on the motorway hehe.